New insurance!

Kristaz

ok! So got added to my hubby's insurance today... His policy covers bariatrics and mine didn't. Going for revision with Dr K. Is there a certain time I need to wait before trying to get the revision or does it even matter? Like will it send up a red flag to insurance? Thanks!

ok! So got added to my hubby's insurance today... His policy covers bariatrics and mine didn't. Going for revision with Dr K. Is there a certain time I need to wait before trying to get the revision or does it even matter? Like will it send up a red flag to insurance? Thanks!
So you confirmed that Dr K takes your insurance and that your insurance covers the DS?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by do you have to wait a certain time before trying to get the revision. Certain time from what? Many insurances require a diet period documented by a physician so you want to check that, but as far as Dr K you should be able to get in once you have labs and any other tests they require, and of course he can work you in. I got in within 2 weeks but mine was kind of emergency.

and congratulations....you will LOVE DR K. He is hilarious, super intelligent, super informative and just a great guy who will answer anything you ask.

I just mean like should we wait to submit? Dr K's insurance lady is out of the office but I didn't know if it would throw up a red flag with the insurance if we submit for approval for the revision a few days after my insurance becomes active.

Yes. I switched to my husbands plan because they cover Dr K and have bariatrics surgery revision coverage and cover the DS.

Yeah I was actually talking to Kristina yesterday and she was going to be out two weeks. That being said I am sure Silva will cover on her absence.

As far as waiting. I can't see any reason to wait to go forward it you are ready.

You legally switched to a new insurance company, and there are no "preexisting condition" exclusions anymore - what in the world are you worried about? Red flag for what? That you shopped around and found a plan that covers what you need? How is there anything wrong or concerning about that??

Last edited:
You legally switched to a new insurance company, and there is no "preexisting condition" exclusions anymore - what in the world are you worried about? Red flag for what? That you shopped around and found a plan that covers what you need? How is there anything wrong or concerning about that??
Thanks! I didn't think so but I wanted to double check! I know so many on here have fought this battle and have much more knowledge than I do on all the workings of insurance. I contacted Dr K's office and will
Wait to here back from them. Crossing my fingers that they will just approve and we can get this going!

Latest posts

Back