never look a gift horse in the mouth.

***hugs*** I'm so sorry. I liked your FB request for good dancing-drinking songs. Give him the kind of sendoff he would have enjoyed.

I wish I had your words. I know the loss of a father. Your words are so loving. I grieve with you. Thank you.

I am so sorry for your loss, Kirmy. What a beautifully-written tribute, though - your soul is really special. You must have come from a special soul. <3

I lost my grandfather (who raised me - he was a father to me in everything but name) several years ago, while I was studying abroad in Spain. It's so hard when you can't be there. Your story has brought that all back - all the pain, but also all the love. Grief never really goes away, it just kind of hides there in our hearts until we let it out again to remember the people we love and the gratitude we hold that they were in our lives.

Take good care of yourself. Times like this are for close friends and family, so I think the last thing you'd want to do is grab a cuppa with a stranger, but if you're near Sydney and you want to, just let me know. We can talk about the two amazing souls we were privileged to know.

I know this may seem an odd thing to say. But Thank you. As I read this I it pulls my heart strings and stirs up remembrance of my own most excellent Dad. I too am my fathers daughter. I think of him often especially this time of year. 10/27/2007 Robert V. Fraser took his last breath. Fucking Cancer.

My own Scottish Father was rough around the edges but very kind and gentle. These past 6 years I see my Dad in me. Mannerisms, tone, speech (God help me there). He made up his own words. We called them "Robonics". My humor, compassion, love for all creatures (except spiders I will happily squish those) work ethic, sense of fairness and justice all come from my parents. True Story- I placed a Photo of my Dad in the window of my Hutch about 5 years ago. It has those fancy touch activated lights in the top portion. The next day I came downstairs and it was on. And to this day it happens periodically when I am low or thinking about him. Honest truth.

It is very apparent you loved your Dad and he you. Even though I am no longer Religious and I think allot of the world sucks I like to think there is a God or a Buddha or Great Pumpkin out there guiding, loving , and yes laughing at us.

I am not sure what to say to ease your sorrow. Sometimes you just have to go through it. I wish you peace in knowing you are loved and cherished. You are a fantastic individual worthy of love all of the good things life has to offer. Peace to you my sister.

XXXXXXX

Whit

So sorry for your loss. It's amazing that you can reconige these gifts in time of grieving.

Latest posts

Back