My Silly Dogs

k9ophile

I have two dogs from the same litter. They are complete opposites in character. Mersey is hyper and emits shrill yaps at no stimulus I can discern. Abbey is calm and collected.

At 3:300 AM, Mersey let's out a sharp yap. DH gets out of bed to see what Mersey wants. Mersey is still on the bed, but Abbey is most eager to be let out. Abbey will scratch the door, yet we often don't hear it.

I suspect Abbey had been scratching the door until Mersey realized we weren't hearing her. Hence, the single sharp yap.

It turns out Abbey needed to poop urgently. She did her thing then she and DH came back to bed. I was oblivious until DH told me about this.

They truly are sisters looking out for each other. The best home entertainment system I've ever had.

Congratulations on your expanded fur family! I love that the sisters look after each other. What a joy!

They haven't always been as sisterly as they are now. They'll be 12 in November. They're showing their age. I can get weepy thinking about the inevitable, but for now I'm going to do what I've always done: cherish every moment and give them lots of belly rubs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back