My 2016 DS Journal

Just remember, it's more scary before surgery than afterwards. So, take a deep breath. It will be fine.

Holy guacamole! Just got approval from the insurance company. Looking at 10/27 or 11/10 as surgery dates!
Yah !!! Good work Trace. Now shrink that liver and start burning fat clothes!!! You can look forward to purchasing some new threads from someplace other that Mr Pinky's Hefty Hideaway !!!

Yah !!! Good work Trace. Now shrink that liver and start burning fat clothes!!! You can look forward to purchasing some new threads from someplace other that Mr Pinky's Hefty Hideaway !!!

Ebay!!! Best to get some cash.

Ha! The Mr Pinky's near me has really rad clothes, @CaraOC! ;-) Yes, I am soooooooooo excited at the idea of shopping in the "normal" sizes again.

So, hey, it looks like this is probably happening on 10/27. @southernlady I had my required visit with a cardiologist today to discuss the diagnostic exams I've had so far, and even though everything looks fine, he is additionally ordering a stress test. As long as I clear that, my surgery will be 10/27.

It all kind of feels a bit surreal now that there is an actual date to count down to.

Ha! The Mr Pinky's near me has really rad clothes, @CaraOC! ;-) Yes, I am soooooooooo excited at the idea of shopping in the "normal" sizes again.

So, hey, it looks like this is probably happening on 10/27. @southernlady I had my required visit with a cardiologist today to discuss the diagnostic exams I've had so far, and even though everything looks fine, he is additionally ordering a stress test. As long as I clear that, my surgery will be 10/27.

It all kind of feels a bit surreal now that there is an actual date to count down to.

I can't wait to fit into normal sizes. Wow, that date is soon. Congrats!

Congratulations on your approval @trace! DS was a game changer for me and will be for you as well! Just to give you another positive data point, my surgeon also has a non-Hess, fixed common channel (100cm) approach and I am happy with my results. Best wishes!

Last edited:
So now I definitely have to get serious with the liquid diet. I'm allowed 3 protein drinks/day -- does anyone know if the Premier RTD's fit the bill? Or am I supposed to be having protein powder in water?

Holy guacamole! Just got approval from the insurance company. Looking at 10/27 or 11/10 as surgery dates!

I am so jealous!

The reality is that I don't foresee myself traveling anywhere to get this surgery -- it's going to be difficult enough to juggle the logistics with three young children, a dog, a husband who works full-time, no family nearby, simply to see a surgeon 30 miles away.

Feel free not to answer - is there a reason you're not doing this in Kirkland? Or do you live 30 miles from Kirkland?

Last edited:
Okay, I lied. A liquid diet for 12 days sucks. Period. And I'm not even through day 1 yet. Gah!

I have jumped through all other hoops, including a visit with a cardiologist. He ordered an additional stress test. Soooooo, I have that this week. Does anyone know how they will accomplish this with someone who can't walk?

Latest posts

Back