Mentioned being in Wilmington this week/Waiting is done!

He got back home a few hours ago.

Said he felt he did much better than the last time he took the test but don't know if it was good enough to get reinstated. But whichever way it goes, it's out of OUR hands now. We just have to wait. The follow up appt is on August 28th. We will go down on the 27th and come home the 30th since the appt is an afternoon one.

May take dogs out to the beach again. We discovered they like the beach but are NOT water dogs! That was Topsail Beach. Just north of Wilmington but south of Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune

Wow, Liz! That is quite an ordeal you have both been through! I am swinging critters, crossing eyes and toes for the news he wants, but I know that however it turns out, you will continue to find joy together.
:hugs:

He got back home a few hours ago.

Said he felt he did much better than the last time he took the test but don't know if it was good enough to get reinstated. But whichever way it goes, it's out of OUR hands now. We just have to wait. The follow up appt is on August 28th. We will go down on the 27th and come home the 30th since the appt is an afternoon one.

May take dogs out to the beach again. We discovered they like the beach but are NOT water dogs! That was Topsail Beach. Just north of Wilmington but south of Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune

Awwwwww! Bless their lil hearts! :D
Hoping the best for Charles and that he gets the results that work out the best for you both!

Liz, Wishing for the best for you and Charles along whatever path fate takes you! :)

We just got back from seeing his doc. Yes, he is better than in 2008/9 BUT not enough better to go back to his job with GE. So we get to stay retired and stay where we are. Which is fine by both of us. For a "worst case scenario", it was a great option.

We just got back from seeing his doc. Yes, he is better than in 2008/9 BUT not enough better to go back to his job with GE. So we get to stay retired and stay where we are. Which is fine by both of us. For a "worst case scenario", it was a great option.
I am both happy and a little sad for you guys Liz. I know your husband wanted this and you wanted it for him, but you guys seem to be doing retirement well to, so....I am sure this is a bit bittersweet. High five and hug at the same time?

I'm glad you're able to remain in your retired status. Enjoy it. Work would interrupt your rest schedule. After 6 years they would have to pry my azz off the couch to talk about going back to work. I would have already became comfortable being retired. Lol

Last edited:
Hi Liz, I was just wondering about what happened on this just yesterday, so, thxs for the update. I was hoping for the best for you guys and it still might turn out that what happened is best, hindsight of the future to still yet to determine.

With all his credentials and experience, I have no doubt that he can find something fun that he likes to do, maybe “semi-retired”, contract etc and still bring in a little extra cashola. I really feel like the right opportunity will drop right in his lap when you least expect it too and then you will understand and be happy this didn’t happen.

My best wishes to you both…Rob

Hi Liz, I was just wondering about what happened on this just yesterday, so, thxs for the update. I was hoping for the best for you guys and it still might turn out that what happened is best, hindsight of the future to still yet to determine.

With all his credentials and experience, I have no doubt that he can find something fun that he likes to do, maybe “semi-retired”, contract etc and still bring in a little extra cashola. I really feel like the right opportunity will drop right in his lap when you least expect it too and then you will understand and be happy this didn’t happen.

My best wishes to you both…Rob
Actually house renovations went back to the top of the list and while that spends the cash not bring it in, doing most of it ourselves gives us satisfaction AND saves money. We have a very small full bath on the second floor which backs up to a half bath also up there. Plan is to turn the half bath into a walk in shower and redo the floors, walls and relocate the vanity giving us more room AND a double vanity up there, etc. That would turn us into a 3 bed/2 bath (not including the 1/2 bath in the unfinished basement that we just rebuilt this spring). Thanks to a COMPLETELY unexpected insurance policy my daddy left to all four daughters that WE just got today, we can also get our travel trailer to use for future travel. Our first trip will be to Arlington area the week of my uncle's internment at Arlington National Cemetery. Ever since we found out about this unexpected windfall, my husband has been pouring over the options to see what would suit us best (AND that can be towed by our F150) :)

Latest posts

Back