Jillc's Journey

Imm
Jill--feel like a terrible support for you and your mom. Haven't been this sick in years. So glad to here you'v e been released. Off to sun and warm weather. Sounds ideal for a full recovery. Please PM me your addresses. I am a good pen pal! Safe journey. My best to your mom. Barbara
Jill--feel like a terrible support for you and your mom. Haven't been this sick in years. So glad to here you'v e been released. Off to sun and warm weather. Sounds ideal for a full recovery. Please PM me your addresses. I am a good pen pal! Safe journey. My best to your mom. Barbara
I'm So sorry that you've been so sick - will PM you in the next couple of days. Take care of yourself and get well!

Jill so glad you are slowly feeling better. It took me a good three months to stop the pity parties! Revision is so hard. Just sip, walk, rest, repeat. Take it slow and easy!
I am hoping for a short boring uneventful recovery for you.

P.S. My pity parties continued once I had so much problems with diarrhea but after months of trying to find out why it turned out to be the protein shakes. I tried many brands and it turned out to be all of them. Now I am using pure unsweetened unflavored egg white protein (NOW brand) and not one problem. It is even pretty good with regular sugar and caramel flavor.

WOOOHOOO!!! There's no way to make recovery not be miserable, but at least it sounds like you're having a good solid progression through the suffering part of it. So far, so good.

Jill so glad you are slowly feeling better. It took me a good three months to stop the pity parties! Revision is so hard. Just sip, walk, rest, repeat. Take it slow and easy!
I am hoping for a short boring uneventful recovery for you.

P.S. My pity parties continued once I had so much problems with diarrhea but after months of trying to find out why it turned out to be the protein shakes. I tried many brands and it turned out to be all of them. Now I am using pure unsweetened unflavored egg white protein (NOW brand) and not one problem. It is even pretty good with regular sugar and caramel flavor.

I am so glad you got that figured out and are able to get extra protein.

So the travel day from NJ to PS was pretty brutal. But the wheelchair service in Newark was interesting. The porter treated my chair like a bowling ball and people in the way as pins. I jumped the queue for security and got into the boarding room within minutes, which was pretty amazing. My poor mom was almost left behind in a trail of dust a couple of times.
TMI moment, I decided to wear incontinence pants for peace of mind. Turned out not to need them, but I'm glad I did.
Got up at 630 am NJ time and got into PS at 8 pm (11 pm NJ time). I spent most of yesterday sleeping. Today is a bit better. Went for a few walks, and it was pleasant weather today.
I've cut back on pain meds, only really having them at night. Well, except on the travel day, I had a few doses, that's for sure. Still on fluids for another week. Can't wait for soft foods. Since it was a revision, I want to treat my new guts as nicely as possible so even though the fluids are boring, I'm going to stick with them.

Congratulations Jill! Wonderful to hear your mom has been so supportive:) and LOL @ her being left in a trail of dust hehe.
Wishing you a safe, healthy and speedy recovery. :)

that was a fun description!

the liquid part will be over soon, time flies no matter if we are having fun or not.

So I caught a cold, and was coughing and sneezing. My incision didn't like that much, but the worst of that seems to be over now. Walking more and more every day.
As of tomorrow, I'm off fluids! Should be interesting....
Question about swallowing pills. I haven't been able to. Is this psychosomatic from fear? I've been crushing them up, but one day when I tried to do Vitalady's midday portion, I opened up the B capsule and (TMI moment alert) regurgitated all the pills I'd swallowed before.
Should I be able to swallow capsules now?

Do it at your own pace as Elizabeth says. You will be just fine. I hope your cold goes away fast!

I had a terrible time with pills also. Give yourself more time and it will get better. In the meantime, you can at east get in your calcium citrate with the lozenges from Bariatric Advantage (you can order either from BA or from Vitalady, and her prices are better). You can either chew them or just suck on them. The chocolate and cherry are good, the mint is too minty for my taste, and I've never tried any other flavors. EN says they are chalky, which I guess is true, but really they go down very easily.
The dry D and A and K are very small capsules so hopefully you can swallow them, or will be able to soon. I wouldn't worry so much about B vitamins, they are more of a problem with gastric bypass than with DS, though of course you will need to go by your levels.

Thanks everyone - I had a phone appointment with Dr. Greenbaum this morning, and everything seems to be on track. My cold is almost gone now. Weighed before my appointment and I'm down 27 pounds, which is 17.5% of my EWL. Below the 300 mark too (297.2).
It is so weird not having the mesh of the VBG. It almost feels like I can eat more than before. I mentioned that to Dr. G, and he said that is a common feeling in the VBG to DS/Sleeve revision as we are so used to things getting caught in the mesh. It'll be interesting once I'm on a normal food (not soft or pureed) diet to see if I can eat some of the meats that used to make me ill or if I have a Pavlovian response to them still :)
Still weak, but walking farther and a little bit more energy every day.

Latest posts

Back