It's getting closer

Donā€™t let him do the bypass at all. Refuse it in your paperwork. If he can make a damned pouch, he can make a sleeve. And a revision from a bypass to a sleeve is much more complicated than a DS. Only a handful of surgeons are qualified to handle that surgery.

Whoā€™s the surgeon?
I got confirmation yesterday, it's traditional DS šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Will do today, thank you!
I just got off the phone with the insurance company, and the lady was a little short with me saying that it's the doctor that has to call in and ask for that information that I'm not allowed to get that information from them as it's not a yes or no answer. Honestly that made no sense whatsoever to me. I did message the medical assistant and asked him if I can have him ask them on my behalf, but he takes a week or so to get back to me.

the lady was a little short with me saying that it's the doctor that has to call in and ask for that information that I'm not allowed to get that information from them as it's not a yes or no answer.
makes no sense to me, either, and of course it's a yes or no answer.

I am angry on your behalf! I hope someone who knows what you should do about it comes along soon.

Last edited:
It should be a yes or no answer and it should be IN your policy details.
I reached out to the doctor's office and asked if they could reach out to the insurance company and clarify for me. I made sure to throw in the words informed consent, hoping that would push them to get an answer for me.

makes no sense to me, either, and of course it's a yes or no answer.

I am angry on your behalf! I hope someone who knows what you should do about it comes along soon.
I reached out to the doctor's office and asked if they could reach out to the insurance company and clarify for me. I made sure to throw in the words informed consent, hoping that would push them to get an answer for me.

It doesn't make any sense that the representative wouldn't just say yes or no it's very simple to just search it up.

I found the book online, of the benefits, but my eyes are too tired tonight to take a look at it. I'll take a look at it tomorrow after I get back from my appointment with the neurologist. Hopefully I can find something in there or my surgeon gets back to me with good news. I'll update here tomorrow.

It should be a yes or no answer and it should be IN your policy details.
Thank you!! šŸ™šŸ» I appreciate this, putting these on my list immediately. I appreciate you ā˜ŗļø

It doesn't make any sense that the representative wouldn't just say yes or no it's very simple to just search it up.

I found the book online, of the benefits, but my eyes are too tired tonight to take a look at it. I'll take a look at it tomorrow after I get back from my appointment with the neurologist. Hopefully I can find something in there or my surgeon gets back to me with good news. I'll update here tomorrow.
I got help from the medical staff šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240604-104310.jpg
    Screenshot_20240604-104310.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like they are as confused as you. But at least are willing to help.
I'm hoping they can get some information. The surgeon called me today šŸ˜‚ I think he got tired of the emails.

I'm going to call the insurance again and see if I get another person. I think maybe I just got someone who didn't know how to look up the information and they got defensive instead of saying they didn't know, or they just had a bad day.

I'll update here as soon as I have more information. I sincerely appreciate the support from everyone.

The surgeon also said, the plan is DS, but if it's not safe (because of my weight, and anatomy) amd we won't find out until we're in the OR, that then it will be 2 surgeries (sleeve then DS) and if that's not safe, then he'll abort.

I appreciate that he's explaining more now, and thank you all for encouraging me to ask questions!!

My weight was at 414.6 today, so a tiny bit of progress, but not where we need to be. Fingers crossed.

Another option to consider is going from lap to open. It makes it easier for the surgeon to see what heā€™s doing.

When I had mine, that option was ā€œon the tableā€ which didnā€™t scare me as Iā€™d had open surgery before. Not as painful in one way, no gas is trapped in your abdominal cavity.

Another option to consider is going from lap to open. It makes it easier for the surgeon to see what heā€™s doing.

When I had mine, that option was ā€œon the tableā€ which didnā€™t scare me as Iā€™d had open surgery before. Not as painful in one way, no gas is trapped in your abdominal cavity.
I'll discuss that with him on our next visit this month. That's a good option, thank you! I appreciate all of these ideas šŸ™šŸ» I would never have been able to think of these. When I get stressed, my mind goes completely blank.

Latest posts

Back