Iron, RBC and HGB and such...

Bagaof4

My nutty NUT seems to think all is peachy, and maybe it is. I just would appreciate other sets of eyes, and thoughts here. While my iron seems ok, (I think), my CBC doesn't seem up to snuff. What can I do to bring these levels up, or are they really ok????
imagejpg1-1.jpg

Question, Pam...do or did you have sleep apnea? And did it show PLM (Periodic Leg Movements) or do you have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)? Reason I ask is your iron saturation is on the low normal side. (your lab lists 15- 55 but the NIH lists 20-50). Charles' sleep doctor was trying to figure out why he was fatigued during the day and one thing he mentioned was low normal (under 30%) on the Iron Saturation is a sign of PLM and RLS.

There are those who would kill for your ferritin level.

I DO have sleep apnea and still use my CPAP even though it's gone from severe to moderate. Did not have RLS that I am aware of. I will check the study again. Thank you.
How would I increase my iron saturation level?

I DO have sleep apnea and still use my CPAP even though it's gone from severe to moderate. Did not have RLS that I am aware of. I will check the study again. Thank you.
RLS won't show up on the study but the PLM WILL. We have all very mild versions...as in most of us do not sleep absolutely still all night long but it can get excessive and can interfere with sleep.

I doubt iron deficiency given the normal TIBC. Ferritin can increase when you have some sort of inflammatory process going on, so I do wonder if that's what you have going on here.

Latest posts

Back