I'm going to have my VSG converted to a DS! And I'm scared!

Sorry Im late to the party :)

I think I replied to you on fb. Does the name Donni ring a bell? Im not on FB for the time being and replied as I was tagged (I get notified of that on my phone) :) I would be happy to answer an questions you have left.

I was terrified of the DS. I actually contemplated a RNY instead of a DS as I thought I could use my stomach redoing....BUT my surgeon was honest enough and told me he would do whatever I wanted but that I would be very LUCKY to lose another 20kg with a RNY. Soooooooo, I went with the DS, but had to wait another year after that appointment. My lord lol. I was on the waitlist for the DS since Aug 2011 and finally got it Feb 2014! I flip flopped every single day of that year. When I finally got my letter with date....TWO WEEKS away lol, I finally committed to the DS. Best decision ever. I had a million complication, to the point that my story reads like a dark comedy of "what else could possibly go wrong?" But I never once looked back and thought I made the wrong choice.

I will never be thin. Not a chance. But, this year I went to legoland and rode 4 rides, including a roller coaster. I always said that I would feel successful if I could ride rides! I rode rides and don't feel 100% successful, but I do feel like a DSer badass lol. My eventual goal is in the 17 stone range (1 stone =14lbs for the yanks) but for now, I seem to be stuck around 24 stone, but looking at the big picture, starting at 46 stone, 24 aint so bad :)

Welcome again!

1) Anyone who has been/is SSMO needs the shortest CC possible. The most malabsorbtion you can get. You are a superabsorber with real metabolic issues. Have your sleeve checked to make sure it doesn't need to be tightened up as well.
2) No complications, a couple weeks.
3) Definitely hold off on the dress as long as possible. They can only alter so much. Plus, the smaller you get the more cute dresses there will be to choose from.
4) Yes. And even though you didn't specifically ask, go to vitalady.com and look at her DS package as a guideline. Will give you a good idea of what you need. We have some UK DSers. I'm sure they will be able to give you good info on vites.

Where did you live in Spain? I stayed in Santa Pola once and met more people from the UK than people from Spain. I was on the Costa Blanco. Beautiful area.

On the NHS you can't get a sleeve redone at the time of DS. I know it is hard to wrap your head around when you don't have to go through the NHS lol, but seriously, they won't do it. I begged my surgeon for a resleeve as I've always managed larger than normal wls portions AND a short channel. He advised cannot resleeve at this time due to funding etc so it may be possible in many years time to have a resleeve, who knows. He also told me he was going to give me a 100cc length but he gave me 70cc!!! I wanted to kiss him for that lol. Every little bit helps!

My sleeve did tighten a little post DS, and it was wonderful! But about 6 months post DS it went back to normal. My tightening was due to the 2.5 weeks I was on TPN and had nothing in my tummy.

Latest posts

Back