I do love my sister, but c’mon…

Spiky Bugger

She spent time with her daughter who has tested positive, on a PCR test, for COVID-19. So my sister should be tested.

Right now, the COUNTY of Los Angeles is FedEx-ing PCR tests…those are the good ones…for FREE, even. They will bill your insurance for their part of the cost, but no out-of-pocket cost. And there’s a website https://covid19.lacounty.gov/la-county-holiday-home-test-collection-program/ and there are rules, like:

Don’t order to “hold onto.” Order when you have been exposed or are symptomatic and test w/in 3-5 days.
•Take the test early enough in the day that FedEx can pick up the test the same day.
•Wash your hands.

IMHO, these are relatively simple rules. I sent the link to my sister and her daughter, a mid-level retail manager. You can click on it a couple of paragraphs up.

So why am I ranting and raving? (Again.)

Ready?

They decided it was too complicated.

Sad. But this is one of those things you can’t fix. Hope your sister doesn’t get it.
True, I can’t fix that.

Back when schools did stuff like this —> She started fourth grade (for the second time) the same day I started eighth grade (having skipped seventh grade.)

So there's that…lol.

But, really, she’s smarter than that. If I read something and don’t think I’ve absorbed it all, I read it again. I think that in her world, if she reads something and doesn’t think she’s absorbed it all, she thinks that means she just not smart enough.

"if she reads something and doesn’t think she’s absorbed it all, she thinks that means she just not smart enough"

People learn in different ways... some alone, some through discussion, some through reading. If one modality doesn't work try another.

Maybe talking to her would help...then again maybe it won't.

very frustrating for you.

just this week I learned my old brother is not planning to get the vaccination. he said "they" were "lying about everything".

I just can't.

"if she reads something and doesn’t think she’s absorbed it all, she thinks that means she just not smart enough"

People learn in different ways... some alone, some through discussion, some through reading. If one modality doesn't work try another.

Maybe talking to her would help...then again maybe it won't.
I did try. But her daughter “outranks” me in such things.

And now, the daughter’s employer, a major retailer, has decided that COVID testing is not necessary. If you aren’t running a fever, come to work. I wonder if they will tell their customers.

They decided it was too complicated.
it is FREE and they still won't do it.

however:

I find it SO MUCH HARDER to do my job with my mask on, and that's just the paper surgical mask, not the N95 I would be wearing if I really didn't want to get covid again, that not only do I sometimes choose to pull my mask down so they can ear/see me/read my lips, there are many times I have pulled my mask down and don't even realize it.

so I figure I'll be getting it again as soon as omicron makes it here. which could be any day. :dontknow:

If I read something and don’t think I’ve absorbed it all, I read it again. I think that in her world, if she reads something and doesn’t think she’s absorbed it all, she thinks that means she just not smart enough.
so much in life is just putting in the effort and NOT giving up

Latest posts

Back