Hubby in the Hospital

I am glad your hubby is doing better. Nothing like a huge scare to push him towards better health.

And I'm in LA with Rachael's and my younger brothers, and just shaking my head at how they are (not) taking care of themselves. I'll worry about and fuss at them while I'm here.

My step-daughter had the same thing at age 29. Scared us, yet she recovered completely. Hope your husband does as well.

@OldBroad I'm so sorry you and Duncan are going through all this! Frankly I'm not a fan of chiropractors and their manipulations, but I realize this is controversial. I'm just glad he's home and doing better.
I'm very impressed that you thought to take your vitamins with you to the hospital. You are a DS star.

Coming here for the first time in two days. Duncan had a scare yesterday afternoon when he felt some numbness in one arm. Back to the ER, where they decided to admit him again and do a repeat MRI. The MRI showed some changes that might have caused the new symptom, but nothing that was dangerous, so he's home again tonight. He'll be seeing his internist next week and his cardiologist and a neurologist soon. Altogether it looks like this event was more of a warning shot than a body blow. His meds will change (Plavix plus baby aspirin are added, along with Lipitor) and he'll be more diligent about diet and exercise.

On the bright side, @DianaCox and my mom has returned to her apartment from the nursing home. Now I have to engage her cooperation in keeping her from going back. The fact that that happened today was not convenient for me, but it all worked out OK.

As I just said on Jo's page - being the middle-aged daughter of elderly parents is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. Just spent the day meeting and getting to know my daughter's boyfriend's parents here in the Phoenix area - they are dealing with his 93 year old mother, and a lot of discussion was had about these situations.

Latest posts

Back