Hi Everyone

Janet

My name is Janet and I am having VSG on 21 April, just found this site and thought I would join. I am really struggling with the shake pre-op diet, keep eating food. it is so hard to not eat and go to work i have cheated several times already.

Also having thoughts that this won't work for me, just like every other diet or fitness regime that has promised to provide results has not in the past.
Janet

Hi Diana,
my BMI is 41.6, 96kg and only 152cm tall, i have sleep apnea, insulin resistance, knee and hip problems. and i do not know what DS means

oh, I think the DS is about health insurance. I live in Australia, i am not medically insured but over here we can draw money from our super/retirement fund to pay if it is deemed life saving.

oh, I think the DS is about health insurance. I live in Australia, i am not medically insured but over here we can draw money from our super/retirement fund to pay if it is deemed life saving.
Actually the DS is known as the Duodenal Switch. The VSG is the sleeve part but getting the intestines rerouted at the same time makes losing more efficient.

We have a few Aussies here...I'm sure they will be in to say hello.

Yes, it is common to regain after the sleeve - it stretches out to be able to hold considerably more, even almost as much as before. Dr. Nottle (Mr. Nottle?) does the DS in Australia - there may be a few others, but he is the most respected.

FYI to the non-metric - she is 5' tall, 212 lbs.

Hi @Janet! Welcome to the forum. I'm originally from the US, but now living in Sydney for the last year. I just recently traveled to Melbourne to get the VSG done by Mr. Nottle, as @DianaCox mentioned above. He's the best bariatric surgeon in Australia, and people from all around Australia travel to him to get him to do their surgeries. I would have had the DS right away if I could - you see SO many people who had the VSG dealing with regain and wanting revisions to other surgeries later! I'm so heavy though (I was 229 kilos when I first met with Mr. Nottle) that he wanted to do the DS in two parts - and the first part of it is actually the VSG. I'll lose as much weight as I can with the VSG and then have the DS so that I lose even more and don't regain it.

@Parousia is Australian (not American like me, haha) and also traveled to Melbourne to get Mr. Nottle to do her DS. Hopefully she'll see this and comment. Let us know if you have questions! :)

Yes, it is common to regain after the sleeve - it stretches out to be able to hold considerably more, even almost as much as before. Dr. Nottle (Mr. Nottle?) does the DS in Australia - there may be a few others, but he is the most respected.

FYI to the non-metric - she is 5' tall, 212 lbs.

@DianaCox thanks cause I had planned to go to Google to find out. Lol

Latest posts

Back