Hematologist appointment

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey guys!
So I went to the hematologist today, she said that since my iron saturation was 14%, which is only just below the 15-55% range that she wouldn't do infusions yet. She said if I were complaining of fatigue that she'd be more likely to infuse me but didn't want to take the risk of reactions to the infusions for what amounts to not a big problem, in her opinion. She gave me a script for iron pills to try and said they'd be less likely to give me stomach upset (can't remember the name right now) and also for injectable B12. She said to up my A, D & K which I've already done and said the high C-reactive protein was probably from some inflammation and could very well be from my knees (which are worse than I thought and I was just given cortisone injections and a script for tramadol the other day as the first step to staving off replacement surgery for as long as possible).
She also said she had no advice to give on the low prealbumin, but I've already added 2 protein supplements per day and have been striving for 160g each day. I do remember reading, just the other day, that the low prealbumin can also be a sign of inflammation and not necessarily low protein in the body. Am I mistaken or is it possible that those numbers are both from my knees and I don't need all this extra protein?

Latest posts

Back