Hello from Tennessee-Texas

thornbury150

I'm just at the research options for a sleeve operation. The one provider I had found in Texas just has a big, big NO attached to his name. I've contemplated going to Mexico, but that sure does seem a bit extreme. Checking with a couple others here in the Texas area to see what I can find (Ft. Worth area).

Stick around and look at surgeon reviews, ask questions. You will get the help you need with your surgery choice.

The first thought and option was Dr. Kim, which I have since read too many horror stories to even contemplate going through with that. The second one is a Dr. Stower who operates in both FTW and Dallas area. The third option is some doctor in Tijuana, Mexico. All of this would be great if my current surgeon, here in Tennessee, had any options for self-pay.

Ayoola is in Denton...just down the road from Ft. Worth! And welcome! But if I was self pay, I would go to Ungson in MX!

Hello! you have decided on the sleeve for sure and you will be self - pay, is that correct? Mexico doesn't have to be so extreme, IMO. one thing I did as a pre-op was go to my regular doctor and made sure she would do any "follow up" with me - luckily, there shouldn't be any except labs. but I know people who got a gastric band, for example, have had trouble getting other doctors to help them when there are issues.

do you travel to Texas often? I feel like I missed something. :confused:

Hey there. I'm from Texas, and my family is all still there. My sister had the sleeve done there with Dr Stowers. But I am actually in Chattanooga, TN. I would PREFER to find one here that can help me. I've read that many offices can get a little creative in the filing of insurances for partial cash pays.

My insurance, while it covers, has some requirements that you have to retain the BMI a of 35 or greater for over 12 mths. I've inched towards that, but don't want to KEEP it on. I have PCOS, HBP, high cholesterol and a high history of female heart disease in my family, as well as both biological parents having diabetes (type 1, and 2).

I might go onto the surgeon review board to see if anyone knows anything about the Chatt surgeons.

Mari

Hey there. I'm from Texas, and my family is all still there. My sister had the sleeve done there with Dr Stowers. But I am actually in Chattanooga, TN. I would PREFER to find one here that can help me. I've read that many offices can get a little creative in the filing of insurances for partial cash pays.

My insurance, while it covers, has some requirements that you have to retain the BMI a of 35 or greater for over 12 mths. I've inched towards that, but don't want to KEEP it on. I have PCOS, HBP, high cholesterol and a high history of female heart disease in my family, as well as both biological parents having diabetes (type 1, and 2).

I might go onto the surgeon review board to see if anyone knows anything about the Chatt surgeons.

Mari
For a good surgeon, go a bit north of you up I75 to Dr. Boyce...he also does the VSG. http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/dr-stephen-boyce-knoxville-tn.26/
Or head a bit south to Marietta to Wellstar. Dr. Smith has stopped taking patients and as of the 1st of this month, moved to Celebration, FL but his partner, Dr. Fritz Jean-Pierre is still actively taking patients. UT Knoxville also has surgeons doing the VSG.

I know there are surgeons in Chattanooga, but do not know any of them.

Latest posts

Back