Getting these lovely marks on my arms again

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
If I scratch my skin at all, or at times do nothing, this lovely stuff appears. It looks much worse than these pictures actually show (any yes I am a Woolly Mammoth - well not as mammoth anymore)

13106013_10205615362052940_13329490_o.jpg

13113072_10205615365493026_446445306_o.jpg

I suspect these bleeding marks are because of low RBC and or Platelet count? The anemia doesn't help things either but my H&H are both actually up a couple points this month.

upload_2016-5-1_10-50-23.png

On a non health related note - I freaking hate my 1997 oak cabinets, laminate counter tops and ceramic tile, but I don't really have $15K to spend right now on granite/quartz, new cabinets/refacing and wood/laminate wood floors. They are high end cabinets that function well so I have considered painting them to a Dark Brown (whatever the color of the dark cabinets that are popular now) but we have all oak trim and solid six panel oak doors so I don't know how that would look. Has anybody painted oak cabinets like that? I am assuming there is a lot of sanding involved and probably messy/royal pain in the ass but if we sell our house I know we need to update our kitchen and Master Bath cabinets, vanities, counter tops and fixtures.

If I scratch my skin at all, or at times do nothing, this lovely stuff appears. It looks much worse than these pictures actually show (any yes I am a Woolly Mammoth - well not as mammoth anymore)

13106013_10205615362052940_13329490_o.jpg

13113072_10205615365493026_446445306_o.jpg

I suspect these bleeding marks are because of low RBC and or Platelet count? The anemia doesn't help things either but my H&H are both actually up a couple points this month.

View attachment 1062

On a non health related note - I freaking hate my 1997 oak cabinets, laminate counter tops and ceramic tile, but I don't really have $15K to spend right now on granite/quartz, new cabinets/refacing and wood/laminate wood floors. They are high end cabinets that function well so I have considered painting them to a Dark Brown (whatever the color of the dark cabinets that are popular now) but we have all oak trim and solid six panel oak doors so I don't know how that would look. Has anybody painted oak cabinets like that? I am assuming there is a lot of sanding involved and probably messy/royal pain in the ass but if we sell our house I know we need to update our kitchen and Master Bath cabinets, vanities, counter tops and fixtures.
Thanks C. I am sure it is nutrient related as well.

My magnesium is in range but no clue on Niacin as I have never had it tested. All my other B vitamin levels have always been good including folate.

I get those spots when I'm malnourished and my magnesium and niacin are low.
Scott, check your labs but also have a dermatologist appt. Dh has spots similar to that, turned out to be skin cancer.
Yikes! I am assuming his spots didn't go away on their own?

These come when I scratch the skin and they go away within a week. It is bleeding under the skin.

Yikes! I am assuming his spots didn't go away on their own?

These come when I scratch the skin and they go away within a week. It is bleeding under the skin.
Nope and we still wouldn't know that they were skin cancer if I hadn't insisted on a dermatology visit for both of us. Our PCP just gave him a cream to put on it. We THOUGHT it was from too much K in his case.

Yeah you have some bleeding issue. I was getting bruising when I was taking gobs of fish oil, ginger capsules and a baby aspirin (all blood thinners) but less dramatic than in your pictures. Talk to your buddy Dr. K as if your skin does than from scratching, imagine how it will react to a scalpel during hernia repair.

I'm in a similar dilemma regarding my kitchen in order to sell next year but the fix in my big kitchen would be $40k not $15 as appliances have to be replaced. (The built-in refrigerator alone is $10k.) Lots and lots of counters to replace in granite or quartz. And that cost is just for refinishing or painting existing maple cabinets, not replacing them. Part of me just wants to lower the price and let the new buyer handle remodel, but at my house's high price range, I doubt anyone will make it in the door if the kitchen isn't fixed up. Since all your woodwork in the house is the same oak, I wouldn't bother redoing the cabinets, Scott. That oak grain is going to show through any stain you apply. At least its a neutral oak and not that yellow-tinged high-gloss stuff. People are rather adamant about the color of their kitchens. Personally, I hate a dark kitchen yet just as many people hate white cabinets. Oh and painting cabinets -- getting off the grease is imperative -- is tricky as without the right paint as the heat, grease and moisture in a kitchen will quickly discolor and peel the paint. I would never buy a house where they had painted the cabinets for fear they were not done right.

Yeah you have some bleeding issue. I was getting bruising when I was taking gobs of fish oil, ginger capsules and a baby aspirin (all blood thinners) but less dramatic than in your pictures. Talk to your buddy Dr. K as if your skin does than from scratching, imagine how it will react to a scalpel during hernia repair.

I'm in a similar dilemma regarding my kitchen in order to sell next year but the fix in my big kitchen would be $40k not $15 as appliances have to be replaced. (The built-in refrigerator alone is $10k.) Lots and lots of counters to replace in granite or quartz. And that cost is just for refinishing or painting existing maple cabinets, not replacing them. Part of me just wants to lower the price and let the new buyer handle remodel, but at my house's high price range, I doubt anyone will make it in the door if the kitchen isn't fixed up. Since all your woodwork in the house is the same oak, I wouldn't bother redoing the cabinets, Scott. That oak grain is going to show through any stain you apply. At least its a neutral oak and not that yellow-tinged high-gloss stuff. People are rather adamant about the color of their kitchens. Personally, I hate a dark kitchen yet just as many people hate white cabinets. Oh and painting cabinets -- getting off the grease is imperative -- is tricky as without the right paint as the heat, grease and moisture in a kitchen will quickly discolor and peel the paint. I would never buy a house where they had painted the cabinets for fear they were not done right.
My skin did the same thing before surgery. I am sure Ara will give me a DS injection first and I wouldn't be shocked if he also wanted to give me some blood either.

Kitchen wise my estimate is my bother and me doing the work which I can't do now so would be more my brother. Countertops I have a good 20 feet of normal counter run and then a huge Island. I am sure my estimate is low because flooring is going to be about $5k. That being said, to get people in the door (we are high endvof our market as well) we will need to do updates or it won't sell.

Hey Scott - I bet those spots are related to your low K - I got those - not as bad - when my K was low. I am not getting them now so hoping it has come back up. Repeat labs in a month.
so, now I got to ask - why you itching???

My skin did the same thing before surgery. I am sure Ara will give me a DS injection first and I wouldn't be shocked if he also wanted to give me some blood either.

Kitchen wise my estimate is my bother and me doing the work which I can't do now so would be more my brother. Countertops I have a good 20 feet of normal counter run and then a huge Island. I am sure my estimate is low because flooring is going to be about $5k. That being said, to get people in the door (we are high endvof our market as well) we will need to do updates or it won't sell.
Bugs! :p

I have dry skin as I fight to keep my Vitamin E up as well. I take 1,200 MG of Vit E and my read on the 23rd was
upload_2016-5-1_20-17-50.png

which is actually up 5.0 end of January

My K is almost back to bottom of range since I started taking the K2 MK7 stuff:
upload_2016-5-1_20-20-27.png

I also itch at night because the NORCO I take for my shoulder pain at bed time so I can sleep, makes me itch. I take benadryl along with it too to help but it doesn't complete alleviate it. I try not to scratch too hard or too much.

Latest posts

Back