Gained 5 pounds this month...

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
It's been a perfect storm. I'm working from sun up to way after sundown. In the car if I'm not at a clients house or the ER. I'm eating 2-3 meals in my car while driving so it's been fast food all the way. I normally can grab a burger or whatever to eat while in the car with no consequences so I haven't really thought about it.

Concurrently, I can eat cheese again :) This means all the things I've been dying to have are once again available to me. The cheese is not the problem, it's what I'm melting the cheese on that is causing the carb overload. I haven't tried any dairy but cheese yet as I don't have a day to spend at home on the toilet if it doesn't work out.

Again concurrently, Starbucks has coconut milk. As a treat and a caffeine boost to keep me from falling asleep behind he wheel, I've probably had 3 iced caramel macchiato's. Carbs for three days in there.

So. What am I going to do about this?

1. While I can't change my current work schedule, I can switch from burgers to nuggets and strips, they are a lot fewer carbs. Packing food won't work as it's starting to get warm. I did try to take one of the buns off a hamburger and it ended up on my shirt and lap when I had to make a turn. Hamburgers need to be an every once in a while thing.

2. Starbucks is off limits.

3. Melting cheese on bread is not an acceptable meal. Putting cheese on crackers is not OK either. Cheese is amazing on it's own and that's how I'll be having it.

You can defeat the DS but I have the power and can get back on track and let the DS work it's magic.

Just sayin'

Can you eat the burgers (Fast Food) without the buns? (I do it a couple of times a week in the car). Not taking the meat out of the buns (as you said it gets all over you) but kind of eating them while holding the buns? I hold the burger like usual, but then only eat the meat out of them. I then throw out the buns. Maybe that'll work for you.

Oh, and how about packing food in a small cooler or w/an ice pack. I do that.

So, the only meal I eat that isn't in my car, is dinner each night. That's usually 4 meals per day in the car. I'm not saying I'm a carb angel, not by any means, but I do keep myself pretty much in check while I'm traveling between kids/clients each day-
Breakfast is hard boiled eggs or omelettes made in muffin tins and reheated in the toaster.
Lunch is either diced up grilled chicken, rolled up deli meat & cheese, leftover steak, mozzarella & prosciutto pinwheels or cubes of salami and cheese. Sometimes I'm daring and make tuna or chicken salad and try not to drop it on myself while eating it with a spoon.
Snacks are usually nuts, cheese and jerky.
If I do fast food, I do roasted chicken bites from Bojangles, a double stacker from Burger King sans bun, or a low carb (lettuce wrapped) burger from Hardee's/Carl's jr. Sometimes I'll do chicken strips, but depends on the place. I like them to be real, white meat chicken and be nice and meaty, and I prefer Church's, Popeye's or Hardee's. If I stop at McD's (a rarity) I'll usually do a double cheeseburger on the bottom half of the bun and it's not too messy.

Oh, and I do Starbucks all the time, I get breve lattes (made with 1/2 & 1/2) but the coconut milk is prob fine as well, just get sugar free syrup instead of regular. I just tried it again for the first time in over a year since sucralose/splenda gave me HORRID, doubled over gas pains, but things have changed so much since then I figured I'd try again and I *think* it was ok. Crossing my fingers!

Oh, and I bring a cooler bag with ice packs or an actual cooler every day. Depending on where I am, sometimes I can bring stuff inside and keep it in a fridge, but not always. I tend to save the nuts and jerky for the end of the day since it's not gross if it gets warm.

Starbucks off limits?

Get the Protein meal...it's a hard boiled egg, cheese, grapes, apple slices and peanut butter and a roll I don't eat because I would get bloated and feel like crap.

I put the peanut butter on the apple slices.

Get your beverage with half and half (breve?) and I go for real sweeteners, sugar or maybe just one shot of whatever flavor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back