Food Journal Sat 22nd Feb

I don't really understand what goes on in my tummy in relation to the shakes, TBH. The whey isolate shakes started bothering me a few weeks out and I didn't realize they were the culprit for a while until I did an elimination diet. Isopure was bad for me always, I would be running for the bathroom (and I don't run unless there's an emergency!) about 2 hours after drinking one. I thought maybe it was the sweeteners so I did unflavored for a while and that still had the same effect. I started doing egg white powder a few months ago and it took me a while to find a way to make it palatable, so I wasn't drinking it everyday, but once I started drinking them everyday, I'm started getting some gurgling and gassiness again. I actually stopped about a week before I posted my lab results and got flustered when it was recommended that I include at least 2 shakes each day to boost up my protein. That's why I've been doing a quest bar and a shake, I cannot tolerate 2 shakes a day.

The extra weird part, is that I can tolerate the ingredients of the shakes in solid form just fine. I can eat eggs all day with no consequences and I can eat the protein bars with whey protein, and they have splenda/sucralose too! Is it possible to just be sensitive to protein in liquid form? My stomach makes crazy noises while I'm drinking the shakes, like the loudest gurgling I've ever heard or felt. I dunno, I find it perplexing.
Strange indeed. Some people do fine without shakes. Diana and EN don't have them and I didn't for the first year. Maybe leave it a few weeks or even months as what you can tolerate changes.

Latest posts

Back