Do you know the way to San Jose? [San Jose CA | Jun 21, 2015]

Hi,
I will be out of town that weekend attending a Graduation. I am really sorry to miss meeting Rob, seeing "the gang" and of course most importantly kissing the newest baby!

Whit

I'm sorry too @Whit, thank you for trying though!

sadly, I have to cancel - the dog sitting isn't going to work out since my landlady has been sick and won't be back in town this weekend.

I am sad: really want to meet you folks. if San Jose was just a little closer I could do the trip in one day.

:(

@ja
sadly, I have to cancel - the dog sitting isn't going to work out since my landlady has been sick and won't be back in town this weekend.

I am sad: really want to meet you folks. if San Jose was just a little closer I could do the trip in one day.

:(

@JackieOnLine , SO sorry you cant make it! I was looking forward to meeting you too.

I’m sure you guys have heard on the news about all those really powerful Texas storms we’ve been having lately?

Well……Its uh headed you’re way and will be right there in your backyard in just THREE DAYS!!!! That’s only 72+ HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and its bringing with it a LOT of wind :D:D:D!

you guys! :) you make me feel a little better about it!

I think we're ALL big animal lovers, so, we more than understand. I'm real sad today because we have to drop our lil girl off at the kennel.

Tay.JPG

Last edited:
Well, we made it! Yesterday was a travel day and we were exhausted!!!! We finally got settled in to our cottage in Carmel around 6 pm. What a beautiful place! Great little romantic spot right by the beach! Lots of art galleries and nice restaurants, just a beautiful little town!

The big surprise is how flippin COLD it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a dumb-ass, I/we didn’t bring hardly any warm clothes to wear and last night it must have been in the 50’s…lol

I can also see how it’s going to be a challenge to keep up my hydration and protein, especially on the travel days. I pretty much have to just write those two days off about ½ way due to the 4 hour plane ride etc. No big deal though. Already bought some protein drinks to supplement and started taking my vits, so, NP.

Today we are going to just spend the entire day here in Carmel and then tomorrow we’re off to the party to visit at Diana’s! We are looking so forward to our visit and can’t wait to see you’ll!

Yes, it is a bit of a challenge to keep up with hydration and nutrition while traveling, but it gets easier as you find go-to travel foods and drinks that you don't mind at room temperature.

It is ALWAYS cool to cold at night here, especially near the ocean. And unfortunately, the weather report that a week ago had the Sunday temps here at 93, now say low 80s - we're going to be having the heat TODAY while we're cleaning up. Nevertheless, $200 later, our pool heater is working, so swimming is still an option.

The big surprise is how flippin COLD it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a dumb-ass, I/we didn’t bring hardly any warm clothes to wear and last night it must have been in the 50’s…lol
BIG shock isn't it? Esp coming from anywhere in the South right now. Last year we were getting to San Jose after traveling thru Canada so we were already COLDER. By the time we got to Diana's, it was nice and warm again.

Have fun everybody! I wish we could be there but but after 9 days in LA last few weeks and a couple weeks there earlier this year, our California travel budget and vacation time are shot. :D

Latest posts

Back