Dementia

Spiky Bugger

That’s his official non-VA diagnosis. We see the VA in a few weeks.

The only evidence is that his memory is shot and there appears to be no other organic reason. He’s still intelligent and logical and all that stuff IF HIS MEMORY HAS RETAINED THE ESSENTIAL DATA ON THE TOPIC AT HAND.

It will never get better, but also may never worsen.

HE got very angry on Aricept, so he’ll start on Namenda.

Old age sucks.

Shouldn’t we be beautiful and dumb as life is ending…and as smart as can be to deal with our not-so-attractiveness in our youth?

(ETA…. In MY family, the most awkward, ugly-looking year of life is right about age 12. That’s my frame of reference.)

That’s his official non-VA diagnosis. We see the VA in a few weeks.

The only evidence is that his memory is shot and there appears to be no other organic reason. He’s still intelligent and logical and all that stuff IF HIS MEMORY HAS RETAINED THE ESSENTIAL DATA ON THE TOPIC AT HAND.

It will never get better, but also may never worsen.

HE got very angry on Aricept, so he’ll start on Namenda.

Old age sucks.
That’s a really BIG IF, isn’t it? I hope he does well on the Namenda.

That’s an IMMENSE IF.

And, since he doesn’t forget EVERYTHING, he sounds like he knows whereof he speaks…but then there are the details and we have to figure out what’s missing.
We call that “the Swiss cheese” brain. Both of us have it and if the holes ever line up, we’re screwed. In the meantime, we are both pretty good at figuring out what word is missing.

Latest posts

Back