Constipation

Firewife204

I am 5 weeks post op this week and the constipation is killing me. I have hemorrhoids as well so I literally feel like I’m gonna get sick or pass out. I took chewables yesterday and no luck. I started taking magnesium vitamins as I’ve seen they help. Any recommendations cause I’m literally in pain, thank you

How many fat grams are you ingesting?
Which magnesium, needs to be citrate and a bottle of magnesium citrate may help faster, the kind you get for colonoscopy prep. But only ONE.
At this point try an ounce of olive oil. My husband usually drinks a milkshake when he starts to get constipated. And he does easily.

How many fat grams are you ingesting?
Which magnesium, needs to be citrate and a bottle of magnesium citrate may help faster, the kind you get for colonoscopy prep. But only ONE.
At this point try an ounce of olive oil. My husband usually drinks a milkshake when he starts to get constipated. And he does easily.
Well I’m still on puree foods so I’m sure not getting a lot of fat grams. I just got the magnesium vitamins. I thought about the citrate cause ik I’m pretty sore

Even on puréed, you can add heavy whipping cream to your protein shakes, or yogurt.

What else are you eating at the moment? Maybe we can suggest other ways.

Breakfast is either yogurt or scrambled eggs with cheese. Lunch is normally shredded chicken with cottage cheese or grilled fish. Supper is either meats again or soup. Fair life is the only protein milk I can tolerate so I had that for my morning snack.

Ok, add some heavy whipping cream to the yogurt or try an find a full fat version, hard I know but possible.

Make sure your cheese is not low fat. Same with cottage cheese. Add butter to your fish.

Make sure your Fairlife is the whole milk version.

Not sure about the soup. If cheese or sour cream can be added, do it but remember full fat.

Oh are you still drinking a protein shake or maybe drinking coffee yet?

Ok, add some heavy whipping cream to the yogurt or try an find a full fat version, hard I know but possible.

Make sure your cheese is not low fat. Same with cottage cheese. Add butter to your fish.

Make sure your Fairlife is the whole milk version.

Not sure about the soup. If cheese or sour cream can be added, do it but remember full fat.

Oh are you still drinking a protein shake or maybe drinking coffee yet?
No I don’t like coffee and the shakes make me sick. That’s why I was drinking the fair life protein drinks. I will try to add that stuff to see if it helps, tysm

No I don’t like coffee and the shakes make me sick. That’s why I was drinking the fair life protein drinks. I will try to add that stuff to see if it helps, tysm
I tend to drink tea, adding Miralax to it. For protein I use protein waters, they seem to taste better.

Adding Miralax will help.

I tend to drink tea, adding Miralax to it. For protein I use protein waters, they seem to taste better.

Adding Miralax will help.
I do drink zero sugar tea, what kind of protein water do you drink? I’ve gotten some but not to fond of them.

If you drink hot tea, you can make into bulletproof tea, which is basically adding coconut oil and butter to the hot tea and then blend them up. You can then add fairlife whole milk if you take milk with your hot tea. I do this with my coffee (and tea if I'm tired of coffee) and also add protein powder.

Add butter to everything.

What kind of iron are you taking? If you are taking ferrous sulfate, that can constipate you. If you switch to heme iron, that will help with the constipation.

I do drink zero sugar tea, what kind of protein water do you drink? I’ve gotten some but not to fond of them.
I use Isopure Clears. I make one up every morning in a blender bottle and put it in the fridge, shaking it every so often so that by the time I’m done with my coffee and tea, it’s ready.

If you drink hot tea, you can make into bulletproof tea, which is basically adding coconut oil and butter to the hot tea and then blend them up. You can then add fairlife whole milk if you take milk with your hot tea. I do this with my coffee (and tea if I'm tired of coffee) and also add protein powder.

Add butter to everything.

What kind of iron are you taking? If you are taking ferrous sulfate, that can constipate you. If you switch to heme iron, that will help with the constipation.
I tried milk in tea, just couldn’t handle it.

I use Isopure Clears. I make one up every morning in a blender bottle and put it in the fridge, shaking it every so often so that by the time I’m done with my coffee and tea, it’s ready.

I tried milk in tea, just couldn’t handle it.
Hmm idk on the iron, just the vitamin from the DG. I assume that’s prob what’s doing it for sure. I tried isopure and can’t do it. So butter is ok to have ? I just don’t know what and what not to eat.

Oh yes, butter is a wonderful thing. Since a traditional DSer only absorbs about 20% of the fat ingested, the only bad fat is trans fat. Even saturated isn’t bad for us.

Latest posts

Back