Bad move NBC/Biggest Loser!

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
So disappointed in the Biggest Loser tonight and the comments that Dr. Huizenga made at the end of his appearance on the finale show!

so, what did he say?

ETA: I googled and I'm still not sure but I suspect he said people who have WLS suck (instead of exercising for hours every day) - was that it?

He congratulated one of the contestants for having done so well, without having resorted to one of those "distasteful weight loss surgeries."

I had a cardiologist tell me a few years back that he'd prefer to have one bariatric patient than 10 of the biggest losers because the long term results meant his bariatric patient had a much better chance of living...

I posted about the show a long time ago, it's a disgusting display of fat shaming and false hope for fat people to just do what the contestants do and they'll magically be skinny. Bullshit. As if that level of working out is attainable for anyone in real life and without a trainer screaming in your face the entire time. They've also been in the news more lately, and former contestants are speaking out against the mental and physical abuse they endure in order to lose the weight, and then I heard a quote on the radio yesterday from an interview, it went something like "why do you think you never see a biggest loser reunion show? Because we all gained the weight back when we weren't in the gym 10 hours a day."

I don't watch the show, but comments like that will shame MO even further. I believe more people that qualify for bariatric surgery should get it, not less. It seems we keep going back instead of forward.

It's the old stereotype, people who are overweight are weak, lazy and jolly. I'll tell ya I've never been friggin jolly in my life! When I was bigger I did try to live up to the jolly part but it's not in my personality. So much less pressure now, I can be my natural stoic self with a few blips of unintentional humor interspersed. I see MO people and I just want to tell them there is help, I don't think they are weak even if they are ordering two whoppers with fries and a coke.I worked harder at everything I did when I was MO, it hurt to move and was exhausting. It's no different than the high IQ student making straight A's doesn't work as hard as the mid to low IQ student that struggles as hard as they can to pull a C average. Who works harder? This is a disease, not a personality disorder. The general public don't understand or believe it. Obesity is the last remaining prejudice to not be identified as an issue by the general public.

Latest posts

Back