Back home!

Revision

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm officially a DSer!! Had my surgery on Tuesday. Very smooth post-op course so far. Lots of rest. Breathing, walking, drinking all going well. Discharged from hospital yesterday, and now back home today. Easily fatigued, few tender lap wounds, and some general aches and pains, but otherwise feel great.

I'm surprised at how quickly my appetite has returned (today is the first day of feeling hungry).

I'm on a full-fluid diet for the next week, and then up to soft foods for 3 weeks.

Haven't had much gas and have had a few very small, oily BMs/day....no real change yet felt in this regard.

Planning on starting vitamin supps this week (I do iron infusions, so won't need those orally).

Please forward any suggestions for these early days, particularly favorite food choices. Thanks again everyone for all the support and concern.

Bests,
R

That's great news! Sounds like you are doing very well indeed!
I seem to recall being in love with cream of chicken/mushroom soup during the full liquids portion of my recovery. When I couldn't find a can of chicken and mushroom combined I just a can of each and ate off of it for a long time. Yogurt was particularly good at that stage too... but I really preferred my cream soups. I bought a bunch of sugar free jello and pudding and never even touched it... and I enjoyed protein shakes flavored with sugar free coffee syrups.

Since you've already had the sleeve for a while, you should be fine. My switch never gave me any issues -- just the cramping in the new sleeve.

That's great news! Sounds like you are doing very well indeed!
I seem to recall being in love with cream of chicken/mushroom soup during the full liquids portion of my recovery. When I couldn't find a can of chicken and mushroom combined I just a can of each and ate off of it for a long time. Yogurt was particularly good at that stage too... but I really preferred my cream soups. I bought a bunch of sugar free jello and pudding and never even touched it... and I enjoyed protein shakes flavored with sugar free coffee syrups.

Thanks....I will try mixing those soups!

Go very slow with adding supplements. You can wait till you are able to eat more before adding them into your routine.
You beat me to it, NA. I could not agree more. You do not want to let vitamins get in the way of nutrition and hydration at this point. Hydration is number one, nutrition is number two and a distant 3rd is supplementation. It was at least 45 days before I was taking all my vites....didn't start for probably at least 3-4 weeks.

Congrats and welcome home Revision, you loser!!!!!!!!! :D

Since you've already had the sleeve for a while, you should be fine. My switch never gave me any issues -- just the cramping in the new sleeve.
well, I forgot you had the sleeve already so if your stomach wasn't touched you can eat and supplement all you want. Dr K told me I could have a cheeseburger the day after my surgery and I think I did.

Thanks....I will try mixing those soups!

wow I re-read what I wrote... I can't believe I scrambled that sentence so badly.
My mind... I miss it. LOL

But yep, I was totally in love with the cream of chicken mushroom soup :D

Congrats on your surgery! Glad it went well and your recovery is going smoothly.

Latest posts

Back