Back home, kissing x revision.

Poodles

Went in for a revision/reversal of DS guts. They did the kissing x revision.

I will still have malabsorption, just not as much.

Still taking my vitamins, on soft foods/liquids.

Feel like death warmed over, but hoping this will help my malnutrition issues.

Will post my 2 week lab results, as well as my next 24 hour urine test for copper.

If Dianna does write a book, I could be one of the what not to do people. First and foremost, don't trust doctors.

Doctors are taught how to treat horses. DSers are Zebras, we are different in so many ways.

Glad you were not reversed and hope you feel better soon. . Since you still have a DS, taking vitamins as required is still crucial because your doudenam is still bypaased and that is where much absorbing of many vitamins happens. You will also still need to focus in protein first eating. Additionally you may need to take Creon for awhile until back on solid ground as surgery knocks us for a loop even when going in healthy..... So your body needs nutrition...

Since your stomach wasn't touched you should be able to eat regular food as well. With my channel lengthening revision I was able to eat regular food immediately . You need the nutrition so I would advise you get to real food as soon as you can tolerate it..150 grams of protein daily should be your goal and of course 64 oz water at minimum.

That sounds like a good middle ground - rest and recuperate. And see if you can start Creon as well to get your nutritional levels up quickly.

That sounds like a good middle ground - rest and recuperate. And see if you can start Creon as well to get your nutritional levels up quickly.

I agree with that 1000%. I think that was a good in between decision. You have my very best whishes for a quick and complete successful recovery and journey moving forward!

I hope this works out well for you. Now rest up and work on your nutrition - should be a lot easier once your intestines heal a bit.

Thank you all for the well wishes. As for vitamins, the nutritionist wants to see new labs. She said we are on uncharted ground.

Taking the DS vitamins, crushed, 2mg copper as instructed, and even thru in some chewable garden of life multi mineral multivitamin. For good measure. Already feeling less lethargic, but waking up to 7 holes in me hurts. Was recommended this article, hope it can help others, because doctors don't seem to understand they need to check for these.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4199287/pdf/nihms549812.pdf

I am also switching to Celtic grey sea salt. It has trace elements in it. Not very much, but better than table salt. http://www.dowsers.com/Celtic Sea Salt Analysis.pdf

One week out and feeling better, that's a start.

I use that Himalayan pink salt. Don't know if it does anything but it's pretty!

Just so you know, 2 surgeons have now told me labs less than 6 to 8 weeks post are worthless. The trauma from surgery skews the results.

Just an FYI for future "converters", stool softeners are advised.
That is dependent on the individual. I had my absorption surgically increased and stool softeners are something I haven't needed.

Latest posts

Back