5 Pounds Lost Overnight

more2adore

So, today I hit a milestone. When I arrived in Aus in January, I was ~600 pounds. My first 3-4 months here, I lost 75 pounds. Then I plateaued. My weight fluctuated between 525-535 over and over and over, depending on time of month. Yesterday, at about 11 days since starting to try to eat low-carb, high-protein (not restricting myself really... just focusing more on high-protein foods and getting rid of the simple carbs) I weighed myself - 525.2. Just 0.2 pounds off the lowest weight I've seen in years. So today I couldn't keep myself off the scale. I really wanted to see it somewhere under 525! So I hopped on and... 519.8! 5.4 pounds just gone overnight. I actually stepped back on the scale a second time to make sure it'd get the same result twice, haha. Surely some of that's got to be fluid (I have been drinking more water) but man, it feels good to see that number. I get to count that as "real" weight loss, right? Even if it's fluid, even with fluid fluctuations over the last several months I've never been under 525. So I feel like this counts. Right? :p Hahaha.

K..... So you are doing great. Have you discussed the possibility of having the whole DS if you lose X pounds with Prof. Nottle? Does he happen to have a magic number for you? Is it even a possibility?

Another 2 pounds gone this morning. Crazytown. As long as I can keep myself from feeling down when the dramatic loss stops, this weighing two days in a row thing is fun, heh.

I'll ask him next time I talk to him, @Munchkin. I am supposed to have a phone-appointment with him pre-surgery at some point. :) I'll probably plateau pretty soon, though. Seems to always happen. Even with this weight loss, my BMI is still 94. I can't imagine I'm going to lose enough to make that much of a difference in the next 2-3 months.

Last edited:
Another 2 pounds gone this morning. Crazytown. As long as I can keep myself from feeling down when the dramatic loss stops, this weighing two days in a row thing is fun, heh.

I'll ask him next time I talk to him, Munchkin. I am supposed to have a phone-appointment with him pre-surgery at some point. :) I'll probably plateau pretty soon, though. Seems to always happen. Even with this weight loss, my BMI is still 94. I can't imagine I'm going to lose enough to make that much of a difference in the next 2-3 months.
One never knows.....

Back up a little to 520.4 today. This is why I can't be a daily weigher - at my size, with fluid fluctuations (especially given my lymphedema) my weight can very really drastically overnight, and when it varies upward I get a wee bit disappointed. :) It's the trend I should be watching, so... less weighing it is for me. ;)

Pre-op, my weight would fluctuate 4 pounds between morning and night. Post-op, I weigh usually 2 pounds heavier at night than in the morning. We usually pick up fluid during the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back