1 week post op Tomorrow

jim1969

I've been awake for 8 hours and have consumed 68 ounces of liquids and 84 grams of protein already. I'm only 6 days out and I feel like I'm hungry all the time. I have had no issues with liquids other than some gas or bloating feeling. Do you think I could try the next step for food. My orders are to wait 10 days to move to the next step.

I've been awake for 8 hours and have consumed 68 ounces of liquids and 84 grams of protein already. I'm only 6 days out and I feel like I'm hungry all the time. I have had no issues with liquids other than some gas or bloating feeling. Do you think I could try the next step for food. My orders are to wait 10 days to move to the next step.
Being hungry at this point is deceiving. The nerves in your sleeve were cut...they have to heal before you can trust what your sleeve is telling your brain.

Just stay on track right now...don't fill your sleeve too much at one time. You are doing great.

No. I felt exactly the same at one week. I'm 3 wks post tomorrow!! Two weeks ahead. I so desperately wanted to chew something!! It passes, or it did for me. I have no desire to eat a damn thing now though. You waited this long!!! What's another few days!! FYI surgery day was a Thursday. So first day post op is Friday. So you count your weeks from Friday to Friday. So you are post op day 5. Too soon for jumping ahead. Get some Popsicles and if you have Netflix I can give you a good binge list!!!

I felt hungry too because my stomach was growling 24/7. But a growling stomach is just what a DS stomach does in the early days, unrelated to hunger. It will go away.

Different doctors/surgery centers have different rules. A few allow softs like yogurt a week out. Some people have started eating whatever they wanted as soon as they got home and lived to tell about it. But the way I saw it (for myself) is that I went to all this expense and pain and I didn't want to screw it up by not following the rules. I was afraid of causing an obstruction or something -- a "something" that would not be covered by my insurance.

No. I felt exactly the same at one week. I'm 3 wks post tomorrow!! Two weeks ahead. I so desperately wanted to chew something!! It passes, or it did for me. I have no desire to eat a damn thing now though. You waited this long!!! What's another few days!! FYI surgery day was a Thursday. So first day post op is Friday. So you count your weeks from Friday to Friday. So you are post op day 5. Too soon for jumping ahead. Get some Popsicles and if you have Netflix I can give you a good binge list!!!
Your bursting my bubble! My wife and you ladies must be on the same page. I figured it was worth a try and drum up some support and head to the next step. I will give it a few more days like 2 or 3 before I do.

Please, please go slow with the food. I was one that rushed things and oh boy, did I pay for it. I had the worst stomach cramps of my life. It felt like my stomach was full of sharp rocks and it went on for hours. I was brushing my teeth, getting ready to head to the ER and I started vomiting. After that, I finally started to feel a bit better. Keep everything super liquidy!

I think that's my problem!! I'm keeping it liquid but I frequently get abdominal cramps and mid back pain. I have hot pad covering my entire abdomen and another on my back. Awful. I am almost three weeks post. No clue how I will ever get back to work!!

I think that's my problem!! I'm keeping it liquid but I frequently get abdominal cramps and mid back pain. I have hot pad covering my entire abdomen and another on my back. Awful. I am almost three weeks post. No clue how I will ever get back to work!!
It gets better, it really does hon. The first month for many of us just sucks.

Jim I hear you Bud but the ladies are right in that pushing it too much can bbe bad. Puking when your guts are torn up inside is no fun and if you take one bite too much it will. If you must try something, do a few spoonfuls of yogurt, slow and small just a teaspoon or two. You really want to go slow. Believe me the eating will come and the Hunger doesn't go away, at least it hsn't for me. I just had two get up and have a couple pieces of cold pork loin... Few oz at most and also had a piece of oatnut toast with crunchy peanut butter.

I am envious of how well you are doing, but rest and go slow on the food. You will find your pace and will be eating more substantial foid soon.

It gets better, it really does hon. The first month for many of us just sucks.

Jim I hear you Bud but the ladies are right in that pushing it too much can bbe bad. Puking when your guts are torn up inside is no fun and if you take one bite too much it will. If you must try something, do a few spoonfuls of yogurt, slow and small just a teaspoon or two. You really want to go slow. Believe me the eating will come and the Hunger doesn't go away, at least it hsn't for me. I just had two get up and have a couple pieces of cold pork loin... Few oz at most and also had a piece of oatnut toast with crunchy peanut butter.

I am envious of how well you are doing, but rest and go slow on the food. You will find your pace and will be eating more substantial foid soon.
Scott, I'm a wee bit stoned on Ativan right now but I have a question for you tomorrow. I dragged out my surgery report and need you to make sense of my Hess and channels and limbs and other such surgical shit.

Scott, I'm a wee bit stoned on Ativan right now but I have a question for you tomorrow. I dragged out my surgery report and need you to make sense of my Hess and channels and limbs and other such surgical shit.
Such a funny lady! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Start your own thread with your surgery report, Cara. Many here will respond. Esquerra has the briefest surgery reports -- not much more than a short paragraph to account for 4 hours.

Start your own thread with your surgery report, Cara. Many here will respond. Esquerra has the briefest surgery reports -- not much more than a short paragraph to account for 4 hours.
Oh okay. Sorry. My surgery was 7 1/2 hrs long. Makes me nervous I missed something!!

Latest posts

Back