1 month check-up... Down 32 pounds

Amey

I had my one month follow up appt with Dr Simper today (I had surgery on June 10th). I am down 32 pounds. Yayyyy!! The PA said I'm doing really good. I'm having some nausea and constipation issues so I got a prescription for the nausea and was told to take Milk of Magnesia for the constipation. (However, I may have shed real tears at a family dinner at my fav Mexican restaurant and I couldn't eat the chips and salsa or enchiladas). Still.... No regrets!

Good job. Watch the constipation carefully. Don't get cavalier about it. I was and ended up with an anal fissure. I found Miralax works better than Milk of Magnesia, BTW.

Anyway, congrats!

That's excellent progress. And remember, there is no food that is permanently forbidden after the DS, unlike other bariatric operations. You will have your salsa and such again in the future. For now, make the most of this period of rapid weight loss.

You are doing fantastic! I take miralax a couple of times a day plus 6 stool softeners. Not that I am recommending that for you, just so that you are aware you may have to take more than is usual for a normie. Keep an eye on it is all.

You are doing fantastic! I take miralax a couple of times a day plus 6 stool softeners. Not that I am recommending that for you, just so that you are aware you may have to take more than is usual for a normie. Keep an eye on it is all.
Or drink some sausage or bacon grease and if it works on you like it does me you will be shitting like a goose. :D

Did you do the kraut or corn starch thickened gravy? If so how did either effect you.

Thanks everyone! The support here is amazing! The Milk of Magnesia worked very well.....for 2 freaking days. Oh well, it was better than the before situation. I'm trying to keep up on my water and fat so that I don't have to deal with that again. Not fun!

@DSRIGGS I have not tried either yet. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. I'm just trying to get enough protein and fat right now. It took me 3 hours to eat 3 pieces of bacon on Saturday. BUT I got my protein and fat in for the day. Sunday wasn't so good. I was only able to eat a yogurt, a few cashews and half of a hamburger patty. I NEVER thought I would struggle to eat. This is definitely a new world for me.

Thanks everyone! The support here is amazing! The Milk of Magnesia worked very well.....for 2 freaking days. Oh well, it was better than the before situation. I'm trying to keep up on my water and fat so that I don't have to deal with that again. Not fun!

@DSRIGGS I have not tried either yet. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. I'm just trying to get enough protein and fat right now. It took me 3 hours to eat 3 pieces of bacon on Saturday. BUT I got my protein and fat in for the day. Sunday wasn't so good. I was only able to eat a yogurt, a few cashews and half of a hamburger patty. I NEVER thought I would struggle to eat. This is definitely a new world for me.
I struggled the first several months just like you are. You see how much I can eat now. It gets better

Latest posts

Back