Where to order Blood Labs Outside of Doctor's Visit?

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Hello. I've been very bad about testing and need to get vitamin labs run in fairly short order.

I recall that someone, I think @star0210 has a business which can allow for orders to be placed directly so that I would only need to go to the lab versus a doctor's visit first. Can someone refresh my memory as to how to achieve this?

I went for a routine oncology visit this week and they ran a CBC alongside of my standard cancer marker labs. I don't have those results on hand yet, but my oncologist indicated I probably need a full anemia work-up. If memory serves, the numbers he shared verbally were 9.1 hemoglobin and 30 hematocrit, so not horrible, but I think that's sign enough that I've waited too long to test everything and really need to get a full set of DS labs.

Unfortunately, work is crazy right now and having just taken 3 days off to go to NOLA to see the oncologist, I don't have the time available to go to my surgeon's office or my PCP for an appointment in order to get them to place the order (and my surgeon's office doesn't do the full order or share results swiftly).

Grateful for any suggestions! Thanks!

Thanks so much, Liz! :) @southernlady

ETA: @star0210 Just placed the order over the phone with a credit card (1-800-908-0000). Was easy peasy. Will have orders in hand shortly and plan to stop by Lab Corp in the a.m. to have the blood drawn.

There was only one test on the Specialty Labs "menu" for anemia that wasn't on the DS "Rabkin List", transferrin. So I ordered that too for good measure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back