Where are the plastic surgeon reviews?

Clematis

Why aren't there more posts in the plastics section? Is no one getting nipped-n-tucked? Or by the time they are ready for plastics, have they drifted away from this website?

I'm a daydreamer. I look at seed catalogues even though I don't plant seeds; I read kitchen remodeling magazines even though my cash is going towards my body; I read plastic surgeon websites even though I haven't yet had DS surgery. sigh

Honestly, I am not impressed with the weight loss plastics "after" pictures on many PS sites -- and you gotta think these are pics of what they consider their best work. Egads. All too often it looks like they are just hacking off skin without regard to aesthetics.

On Google up popped Siamak Agha in LA area claiming specialty in post-bariatric body lifts. The pics on his site show far better results than I've seen elsewhere. Has anyone heard of him? Are you aware of other plastic surgeons who excel at post-bariatric body contouring?

I just found a thread on OH about Agha. Many posts by a deactivated member from San Jose who had her DS in 2003. (I didn't need that info -- I could tell by the writing style that it was @DianaCox ) Did you end up using him?

There's always a trade off. Baggy skin or ugly scars. You, and your wallet get to pick! Some of the best results I've seen are Ali and Cram and Agha. Check out plasticsurgeryjourneys too. Much more affordable in other countries.

I had panniculectomy and abdominal hernia repair post C-section, but prior to DS. If you PM me, I will give you a name of who to avoid in Chicagoland as his failure for 5 days to readmit me when I had DVT almost killed me (he ignored my complaints of pain, high temperature, purpleness, swelling etc. and when he examined me just tried to placate me by saying "it was a tough procedure, honey" and sent me home. When I left his office, I instead went to the ER - thanks to my mom's insistence - by then my entire legs were clotted, so almost lost those, and I had PE with multiple filling defects in lungs - took me a month to get out of the hospital) and in terms of aesthetics, I'm not pleased that he relocated my bellybutton approximately 1 1/2 inches to the right of center...

Last edited:
I had panniculectomy and abdominal hernia repair post C-section, but prior to DS. If you PM me, I will give you a name of who to avoid in Chicagoland as his failure to readmit me for 5 days when I had DVT almost killed me (he ignored my complaints of pain, high temperature, purpleness, swelling etc. and when he examined me just tried to placate me by saying "it was a tough procedure, honey" and sent me home. When I left his office, I instead went to the ER - thanks to my mom's insistence - by then my entire legs were clotted, so almost lost those, and I had PE with multiple filling defects in lungs - took me a month to get out of the hospital) and in terms of aesthetics, I'm not pleased that he relocated my bellybutton approximately 1 1/2 inches to the right of center...
Thanks for posting this! We all need to be reminded plastics are real surgery and sometimes come with complications!

I'm reanimating this thread.

Who is an ARTISTIC plastic surgeon for a lower body lift? I'm not looking for someone who merely hacks off excess skin without much regard to aesthetics.

My dermo here says "anybody" can do a tummy tuck or a face lift but LBL or upper body lift after massive weight loss is a rare skill that needs lots of practice. He didn't think anyone had that much experience outside of CA or perhaps NYC.

Does anyone have experience with Siamak Agha? (@DianaCox ?)

If any of you are not comfortable posting publicly, send me a PM.

BTW @Munchkin Cram is retired and Aly is a surgery prof in CA so essentially retired as well. There was a woman who proctored with them, Silvia Rotemberg in Miami, formerly of Cleveland Clinic, but according to her website photos she hasn't done many LBLs. Again experience is the best teacher.

Just pipe dreams for me, no experience, but when I was looking, I came across Dennis Hurwitz at the University of Pittsburgh. He says he has done 300+ Body lifts in weight loss patients. Maybe someone here knows him?

Thanks @KathrynK Hurwitz isn't bad judging by his website photos but I think Agha does much better butts. It's all in the scar placement.

There is a plastic surgeon in NJ...had to look him up. Dr. Capella in Ramsey, NJ (I easily remembered the name of the town). There is also one in Mexico that is excellent from what I've read of his skill.

Sorry but I have nothing new to report. Unless there is a miracle out there for me I will never get plastics. I don't look much because it makes me jealous of those who can do it! I do know Sauceda in MX has a lot of experience. You may want to check out his work.

Latest posts

Back