what are you reading?

halloween had me in the mood for scarey, so The outsider, I'll be gone in the dark, also Anne of Green Gables, The Goldfinch, The lifters, The Secret Keeper, all the George RR Martins, and I keep tying Fire and Fury, but get pissed and go to something else. I also tried Fight Club recently, but it was depressing me, so doubt I'll go back to it. Working on a house and long drives have me doing more Audible right now, and Gone in the dark was pretty tense listening to it in a echoey, poorly lit, empty house in the woods alone with no neighbors nearby. Blarg, I deserved that.

I am just about to start Crocodile on the Sandbank which is the start of a series so if I like it, there are tons more: like money in the bank.

for an audiobook, I just started The Worry Cure which is good so far.
I need to look up The Worry Cure and hope it is exactly what it sounds like.

You mentioned insomnia. Kyle and I started using an ap by Sam Harris (I like him, but I'm sure there are plenty of similar for free) for meditation. We listen for 10 minutes before going to sleep. I'm terrible at it, but getting better and it's helping a lot, both at relaxing tension out of the body and clearing the worries and stress. If you have issues like going through the worry list in your head or going over every scenario over the last 11 years you may have done differently instead of falling asleep, it's WONDERFUL for that kind of thing.

I need to look up The Worry Cure and hope it is exactly what it sounds like.
it's by Robert L. Leahy and if you look on amazon you can read the beginning parts. it's CBT based which is what I want.
I will check out Sam Harris, thank you.

Just finished the Crazy Rich Asians Trilogy. Off to find something else.
I finished reading the “Crazy Rich Asians” trilogy a couple of weeks ago but have been too busy to start another book yet. I’ve had “The Zookeeper’s Wife” next to my bed forever so may finally read it next.

I picked up Dan Brown's nest book and I actually bought in book form, not on my kindle. I need the feel of a book in my hand, plus I can give it to my mom when I'm done. :ROFLMAO:

I picked up Dan Brown's nest book and I actually bought in book form, not on my kindle. I need the feel of a book in my hand, plus I can give it to my mom when I'm done.
I do too BUT no room in a rig that is only 430 sq ft of living space. And books hurt my hands/arms because of the weight. A kindle has the advantage of weight and my current library of 3396 books and counting on the kindel is a huge library for me to choose from. Most of mine are freebies, either for a short time of permanent. I do have a running folder on my kindle of 10 Kindle Unlimited books. I usually get down to 4 before filling it up again.

I do too BUT no room in a rig that is only 430 sq ft of living space. And books hurt my hands/arms because of the weight. A kindle has the advantage of weight and my current library of 3396 books and counting on the kindel is a huge library for me to choose from. Most of mine are freebies, either for a short time of permanent. I do have a running folder on my kindle of 10 Kindle Unlimited books. I usually get down to 4 before filling it up again.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kindle and I have no room for books. I knew buying this one that it would go to my mom... She's not good with books, after I read a book I could return it.(I always use a small bookmark and never bend the spine.) So, I donate it to her nursing home library.:sneaky:

I have read almost all the Flavia deLuce mysteries. Then started on The Hangmans' Daughter series. They are both excellent.

And I waded through Made to Stick, about education and making ideas stick. Very good.

Latest posts

Back