Waiting on insurance now.

I thought I would give an update and vent a little. After thinking Dr Leslie's office submitted for approval. I came home from vacation to find out my PCP was also on vacation and never sent the paperwork to Dr Leslie's office. So by the time they sent in for authorization it was a over a month from my last post. They finally submitted it on March 14th. So last week I figured it had been 2 weeks I would call the insurance company and find out the status. The status was that the insurance company had requested additional information from Dr Leslies office on March 16th and hadn't heard anything back. So of course the lady who takes care of this at Dr Leslie's office was out of the office until today. The Insurance company sent the request for more info to the U of M instead of Abbott Northwestern. GRRRR!! So it has been 50 days since they told me they were ready to submit.

Jim, the reality is that none of these people care about this the way you do. You need to call every day until everyone submits everything that needed to be submitted and the insurance people confirm that they have everything they need. If you don't, there will just be more delays. Be polite but be persistent. Getting insurance approval is not a "set it and forget it" process and nothing can be assumed.

Jim, the reality is that none of these people care about this the way you do. You need to call every day until everyone submits everything that needed to be submitted and the insurance people confirm that they have everything they need. If you don't, there will just be more delays. Be polite but be persistent. Getting insurance approval is not a "set it and forget it" process and nothing can be assumed.
Im finding that out! I will be checking with the insurance company again tomorrow to make sure they received everything they requested. Very frustrating process!

"Good morning! This is your daily (or first call of the day) inquiring about the status of my submission for insurance approval. Why sure, I'll put my life on hold while you pretend to look at the stack of papers on your desk and tell me "it's still in the queue!""

OMG Jim!! That really pisses me off!!! I know you already know this, but you have to assume and expect failure in EVERY single step of the way and do what Diana said, ride their F@*#& asses every step of the way. Unfortunately, that applies to pretty much everything in life now days, not just this. Every goddamn once in a while, you will actually meet someone whom actually gives a &@&& and will actually go out of their way to help you, but...thats the exception.

I've been watching your story for a while now and have been very patient and you have PAID your GD dues and I sincerely hope you get good news real soon!

OMG Jim!! That really pisses me off!!! I know you already know this, but you have to assume and expect failure in EVERY single step of the way and do what Diana said, ride their F@*#& asses every step of the way. Unfortunately, that applies to pretty much everything in life now days, not just this. Every goddamn once in a while, you will actually meet someone whom actually gives a &@&& and will actually go out of their way to help you, but...thats the exception.

I've been watching your story for a while now and have been very patient and you have PAID your GD dues and I sincerely hope you get good news real soon!
SO true.

Jim, I am sorry you are having to deal with this but this is reality. You do have to be a very squeaky wheel.

BTW, Rob, I DID run into someone who went out of their way to help...it was while trying to get a copy of my daddy's DD214 thru NARA.gov. The lady called me on a SUNDAY to update me on what she had found.

Latest posts

Back