VSG to DS revision is done

LindaDarnell

Hi all. Just wanted to update that my revision is complete. I had it done yesterday morning..24 hours later, im doing ok. As with any major surgery the first day is always the toughest. Biggest challenge was nausea bc of the pain meds they were giving me in my iv. I switched to an oral and now im much better. If all goes well, ill get to go home tomorrow. Im nervous but excited to begin this 2nd phase of my journey. Please keep me in ur prayers.

Hi all. Just wanted to update that my revision is complete. I had it done yesterday morning..24 hours later, im doing ok. As with any major surgery the first day is always the toughest. Biggest challenge was nausea bc of the pain meds they were giving me in my iv. I switched to an oral and now im much better. If all goes well, ill get to go home tomorrow. Im nervous but excited to begin this 2nd phase of my journey. Please keep me in ur prayers.

I was thinking of you last night and thinking it must nearly be time for you. Sending best wishes and healing vibes your way. Take it one little step at a time. I'm 9 days out and amazed at how much better I feel each day.

May every day be better and easier than the day before. Rest and don't push yourself while you are healing. Stay in touch...

There were two threads, same post so the threads were merged which is why it now seems like she repeated herself but since some people liked one and others liked the other, both remain.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Im 3 days out now...back home today. The dr came in and told me the size he reduced all of my "limbs" to but i was in such a haze that i dont remember. I'll have my surgery report in a few weeks and will gladly share the findings then.
He didn't have to revise my sleeve but had to excise extra scar tissue due to previous hernia surgeries.

This recovery is a little more rough than I remember from my VSG. But that's to be expected i guess. The biggest problem or challenge is the gas pains. It makes me feel so heavy in my stomach area . Trying to get comfortable in bed is hard
But im not complaining ...just ready to feel better.

Congrats! I am awaiting approval for a revision from vsg to ds. My dr was wonderful the first time around. However I feel a little less informed with the ds. What type of post-op diet do you follow?

Congrats! I am awaiting approval for a revision from vsg to ds. My dr was wonderful the first time around. However I feel a little less informed with the ds. What type of post-op diet do you follow?
I thought I could stick to a low carb soft diet for a week or 2. However, the last few days Ive been plagued with bad diarrhea and malaise. So i haven't been able to eat much at all....barely broth and protein shakes. But my experience is an exception...other revisioners have been back up and at it within a few days

I thought I could stick to a low carb soft diet for a week or 2. However, the last few days Ive been plagued with bad diarrhea and malaise. So i haven't been able to eat much at all....barely broth and protein shakes. But my experience is an exception...other revisioners have been back up and at it within a few days
I was a virgin DS eight weeks ago tomorrow. My diarrhea and malaise lasted a good three weeks, even with just doing clear liquids week 1 and full liquids weeks 2 & 3. Hopefully, since you were a revision, yours will no sooner.

Latest posts

Back