Vitamin K2 MK4 vs MK7?

huneypie

Wannabe
I was wondering why we're meant to favor K2 MK7 over MK4 (Vitalady favors MK7, but I never found out why). I've read a few normie discussions and wonder if the implications are any different for us. TIA.

I lean towards taking MK7 since that is the type that is in natto. My mother grew up eating natto and ate a lot of it in her later years. Her bones were always in good health and never had osteoporosis. Unfortunately, I never acquired the taste for natto. I tasted it once and can't say I found it appealing.

Vitalady talked with the guy that is the brains behind BioTech-Pharm about the difference. If I recall, he told her the MK7 has a greater 1/2 life than MK4. When you read the old studies all they tested was large doses of MK4 and some folks automatically assume MK4 is the best, but maybe not.

Vitalady talked with the guy that is the brains behind BioTech-Pharm about the difference. If I recall, he told her the MK7 has a greater 1/2 life than MK4. When you read the old studies all they tested was large doses of MK4 and some folks automatically assume MK4 is the best, but maybe not.
Darn, that's a shame :-( MK4 is a lot cheaper... I guess that's why.

Latest posts

Back