Vitamin E

aaa

Hi,

My Vitamin E is low. I ordered Solaray [1000 IU] but they turned out to be softgels (I'm returning them). Any thoughts on what I can use?

Hi,

My Vitamin E is low. I ordered Solaray [1000 IU] but they turned out to be softgels (I'm returning them). Any thoughts on what I can use?
Now foods dry E. Can get online or vitamin shoppe. 400 IU and I do 2 a day

Thanks.

I know about the 400 iu; I was wondering if anyone knew about a dry 1000 iu. If not, I'll just do the 400 iu.

My numbers had been good. Now they're a bit low which is why I want to supplement.

Some DSers I know don't do iron. They're numbers are good without it. Guess it's just the luck of the [blood] draw. :cool:

The only reason I could find for Vitamin E deficiencies, other than poor nutrition and fat malabsorption, was a rare genetic form of vitamin E deficiency defective liver metabolism.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/profes...-deficiency-dependency-and-toxicity/vitamin-e
and here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_E_deficiency#Causes
Rare disorders of fat metabolism - There is a rare genetic condition termed isolated vitamin E deficiency or ataxia with isolated with vitamin E deficiency, caused by mutations in the gene for the tocopherol transfer protein.[6] These individuals have an extremely poor capacity to absorb vitamin E and develop neurological complications that are reversed by high doses of vitamin E.

I am betting it is just the fat malabsorption and that you need to supplement now. I also take the NOW brand. I had read somewhere that the alpha Tocopheryl is the best for our systems.

Yeah, I'm sure it's the DS. It's just a bit low.

I think I'll just go to the Vitamin Shoppe & pick up a dry Vit. E 400 iu. Thank you. I will ensure it's alpha Tocopheryl.

I don't supplement E (YET) at 4.5 years out...and I watch those numbers closely. Last labs in Feb 2015.
Interesting. ..my skin is very dry. I can't recall my last E reading but it waz low end of range last time I saw it. I need to make sure it is checked on next labs.

Latest posts

Back