Very much a lightweight and wondering

debbiebobebbie

Distal RNY to DS
My surgical history is posted below. I had my DS very close to normal BMI( to fix a very broken RNY), and at 12 weeks out, am now at a BMI of 23. I am a size 4 and happy with where my weight is. I've been at the weight for over a month now, and seem to be maintaining with no issue. I'm eating about 1500-1800 calories a day, with about 15% of my intake from carbs, mostly in the form of dairy. I am getting at least 100 grams of protein daily and frequently closer to 130. Fats are about the same as protein.

I've pretty much reached 100% of my EWL. I guess I could lose a few pounds and be okay, but at 51, I really don't want to. At some point, skinny shows more on your face than anywhere else, and I don't want to look like a prune. I'm just worried that I'm going to gain, because I see that so many DSers are saying they take in 3000 calories a day. While I can't imagine being able to do that at this point, this isn't my first time at the rodeo, and I'm more than sure that my "foodscape" will change dramatically in the next year.

Another worry I have is...please pardon the grossness...I"m not seeing a lot of fat in the toilet. My poops are generally once a day, formed and very civilized. I sometimes wonder if I "really" had a DS. LOL. Am I worrying about nothing? Could I possibly be done losing and just stay at my current weight forever? Or am I gonna just wind up gaining this all back yet AGAIN?

My surgical history is posted below. I had my DS very close to normal BMI( to fix a very broken RNY), and at 12 weeks out, am now at a BMI of 23. I am a size 4 and happy with where my weight is. I've been at the weight for over a month now, and seem to be maintaining with no issue. I'm eating about 1500-1800 calories a day, with about 15% of my intake from carbs, mostly in the form of dairy. I am getting at least 100 grams of protein daily and frequently closer to 130. Fats are about the same as protein.

I've pretty much reached 100% of my EWL. I guess I could lose a few pounds and be okay, but at 51, I really don't want to. At some point, skinny shows more on your face than anywhere else, and I don't want to look like a prune. I'm just worried that I'm going to gain, because I see that so many DSers are saying they take in 3000 calories a day. While I can't imagine being able to do that at this point, this isn't my first time at the rodeo, and I'm more than sure that my "foodscape" will change dramatically in the next year.

Another worry I have is...please pardon the grossness...I"m not seeing a lot of fat in the toilet. My poops are generally once a day, formed and very civilized. I sometimes wonder if I "really" had a DS. LOL. Am I worrying about nothing? Could I possibly be done losing and just stay at my current weight forever? Or am I gonna just wind up gaining this all back yet AGAIN?
As long as you aren't UNDERweight, then don't make a concerted effort to stop the weight loss. It will even out pretty quickly.

You might want to ease into a few more carbs but keep them in the good green veggie group or in the dairy. I know that I dropped almost all my excess in the first 4 months. Then I kinda leveled out and while I still lost some, I purposely dropped as low as I could cause bounce back almost always happens. And it's typically in the 3/4 year. Also, your body will adjust. I lost a LOT in my face the first year but now, it feels normal. Honestly my face looked horrid my first year. But the fat does redistribute eventually.

Btw, my lowest BMI was a 21 for 10 SEC in April 2012, about 15 months after surgery. I sit around a 24 BMI now.

Thanks. I'm just kind of worried about the bounce back. I seem to be holding steady with my weight right now for about 5 weeks.

Best case scenario is you lose about 10% more than you want to. Then the bounceback happens and you are perfect!

And if you have no poop issues at all I suspect you may have a long CC? Maybe not as much malabsorbtion? That would also explain why you are not losing more/faster.

My CC is 75 cm, but my AL is 250 cm. Weirdest thing is that this morning, I dropped 3 pounds out of nowhere. I swear, I'll never figure weight loss out. No matter how many times I figure it all out, something odd happens and blows my theories to shit. Just realized I didn't post my surgical history like I said I would. It's below:

1988 Vertical Banded Gastroplasty
2007 RNY
May 2014 Apollo Overstitch procedure for fistula FAIL
October 2014 Revision to Distal RNY
May 28, 2015 Finally got it right. Revision to DS with the Great Dr. K!
I'm either brave or stupid.

Latest posts

Back