Vegetarian Heme Iron??

Julie R

Has anyone heard of this? How is this possible? Isn't it an oxymoron? My understanding is that heme iron is a blood based iron, which would preclude it from being a "heme iron", would it not? I'm not taking it, I just saw it at a natural foods store.

Thanks,

J.

Has anyone heard of this? How is this possible? Isn't it an oxymoron? My understanding is that heme iron is a blood based iron, which would preclude it from being a "heme iron", would it not? I'm not taking it, I just saw it at a natural foods store.

Thanks,

J.
I mean "vegetarian." Ugh.

However, that is ONE way to help sort out the oil based versus dry ones. NOT always true but a good way to start.

It's like the gluten free label I see around these days...so much is labeled gluten free that never had gluten in it to begin with. Of course many factories make many products in the same place and something in there may have been made with gluten. I was yelling at the TV just the other day...a pork commercial came on...and one of their statements was that pork was gluten free, well DUH!!! By definition, pork is meat and gluten IS NOT! Or the fat free label. Twizzlers is my favorite example...says fat free on the back. Well, yeah cause it's PURE SUGAR!!!!

Latest posts

Back