Update

Revision

Hi all,

Just wanted to connect and update. Work has me so insanely busy, that it is hard to pull away.

I'm just over 6 weeks post-op now:

1. Weight is coming off slowly, but steadily. I'm down to 268 now, which I haven't been for years.

2. I've started exercising and am trying to hit 40 minutes of cardio per day plus 3 days/week of some pretty basic resistance training...its going well (except for the expected muscle soreness!!).

3. I have not been as good as I need to be with Vitamins....will do better starting today!

4. As far as eating I'm trying to stay away from carbs and doing pretty well with it. Have been indulging on sugar alcohols a bit (ie Atkins, No-Sugar Chocolates)....not sure what other peoples experiences with these are?

5. Overall, I'm surprised at how smooth the recovery has been.....something pre-ops out there may want to take note of (obviously results may vary).

6. I've ordered a copy of my surgical report so I can confirm exactly what he did to me!

Best of luck everyone......I am loving all the encouraging stories from my fellow newbies and, as always, the great insights from those with more experience....

Bests,
R

Seems like you are doing pretty great overall. As far as sugar alcohols, I have never really had much trouble with them. I eat quite a bit, too. I am sure you will hear tons of horror stories though, those sugar alcohols can cause some people real trouble.

4. As far as eating I'm trying to stay away from carbs and doing pretty well with it. Have been indulging on sugar alcohols a bit (ie Atkins, No-Sugar Chocolates)....not sure what other peoples experiences with these are?
I have a 4 gram limit per day...more than that and I am one miserable puppy.

Sugar alcohols kill me.

I am glad you are doing well, but vitamins are not something you can miss. You have to take them religiously or you will get very sick and eventually die. Not trying to be over dramatic, but that is the honest truth. At six weeks you should be at a full regimen now so hopefully you are able to do so.

How many grams of protein are you getting daily? If less than 125-150 you shouldn't be doing anymore exercise than walking.

@Revision glad you here you are kicking it! @6 weeks I was just beginning to figure out what world i was in much less doing the exercise you are. Make sure you are getting in plenty of protein with all that burn. And the vits are vital - more important than the exercise and just as important as the protein. This early out you still have reserves, but don't scrimp - supplement away!

Latest posts

Back