Twelve Year Surgiversary!

kirmy

Whelp it has been 12 long and weirdly fabulous years since I freed myself from Morbid Obesity. I lost down to 59kg at one stage which was terrifyingly skinny for my frame however good old bounceback came and put me at a very healthy 68kgs for the most part. I then got triple negative breast cancer and went through two years of treatment that fried my thyroid and everything inbetween. I got a total hysterectomy and my free DS ride stopped. I now have to work to keep my weight where I want it. I'm now hovering between 72-75kgs but I want to be back at 68kgs. I'm a size 12 UK (is that a size 8 US???) but I want my size 10 jeans back. I've had 6 months bisphosphonate treatment post cancer to prevent bone cancer and this was VERY helpful for my DS bones. I've had iron infusions due to low low ferritin (used to be mega high always) and my PTH went stupid high so I'm working to bring it back into range. Being a vetran DS'er comes with its own challenges. Lets face it though I wouldn't be working offshore on an Oil rig , climbing mountains, travelling the world and living my best life without it. I'll take it every day over my old infirmity.

At 155kgs and suffering Few months ago with Louis Kirsten McAllen's boy
Climbing the hill above my house in the yellow jacket. Today at the gym on my Oil Rig.

Glad to see you, kirmy We miss you. And Happy surgiversary. I keep forgetting you were just barely a year out when I had mine, I’ve been chasing you ever since.

Whelp it has been 12 long and weirdly fabulous years since I freed myself from Morbid Obesity. I lost down to 59kg at one stage which was terrifyingly skinny for my frame however good old bounceback came and put me at a very healthy 68kgs for the most part. I then got triple negative breast cancer and went through two years of treatment that fried my thyroid and everything inbetween. I got a total hysterectomy and my free DS ride stopped. I now have to work to keep my weight where I want it. I'm now hovering between 72-75kgs but I want to be back at 68kgs. I'm a size 12 UK (is that a size 8 US???) but I want my size 10 jeans back. I've had 6 months bisphosphonate treatment post cancer to prevent bone cancer and this was VERY helpful for my DS bones. I've had iron infusions due to low low ferritin (used to be mega high always) and my PTH went stupid high so I'm working to bring it back into range. Being a vetran DS'er comes with its own challenges. Lets face it though I wouldn't be working offshore on an Oil rig , climbing mountains, travelling the world and living my best life without it. I'll take it every day over my old infirmity.

At 155kgs and suffering Few months ago with Louis Kirsten McAllen's boy
Climbing the hill above my house in the yellow jacket. Today at the gym on my Oil Rig.

View attachment 2677
Congratulations! You look amazing!

Latest posts

Back