Too soon for theater therapy?

Innervision

Hi everyone, I am learning a lot and planning for my DS scheduled for 9/13/17. I love to go to live shows---music, plays, comedy, etc which I call "theater therapy." So, I found out tonight that there is something I would love to go to exactly 14 days following my DS. I know everyone heals differently, but in general, should I buy my ticket or pass? (The theater is a 4 mile drive from my house, parking within a block or so). What is the general consensus here?

Mine was open and I could have done it. I would do as @Settledownnow suggests.

At 2 weeks post I drove 80 miles, bought a new car, and drove home. And the car was manual/had a clutch. That's at least as much activity as going to the theater.

That, too. And, where are the restrooms?
That's another thing I'm concerned about since I have read about, but can't know for sure until I am living the switched life, the bathroom/gas sitch at that stage of the game. Thanks for your feedback everyone. I understand it will be recorded and I can watch it on-line at a later date from from the comfort and safety of my own bathroom. Lol!

I went to see Deadpoll about 7-10 days post op in NYC with a friend. I think I saw about 5 minutes of the movie because I fell asleep immediately, I was so exhausted. And I'd just come from spending the day sleeping.

It the ticket. I had my surgery 90 miles from home and the ride home from the hospital wasn't even an issue for me. I went to a baseball game 180 miles from home about 2.5-3 weeks out. The ONLY issue I had was the fact that my husband was enjoying delicious solid food and I was still stuck to purée and soft - baseball without a hotdog or nachos is just not baseball.

The theatre will be great. Enjoy the show!

Latest posts

Back