Time for a Roo-eriffic Update!

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
Soooo.....I'm 36 now, yay me! (would love to sue every dr who told me I had 5 years to live when I was 18!!!)

Didn't make my birthday goal and I didn't just fall off the wagon, I jumped off and ran away!! boo. My birthday was complicated a bit by having my stepson for a week while he was out of school. A bite here, a bite there and crap load of codeine to cope and you get massive weight gain! Mostly water and shit, but still disheartening and a rude awakening. I was 389 yesterday but Im back down to 381 today....it was A LOT of shit lol. Codeine does me no favours when it comes to my bowels and it turns out you really can shit out 8lbs lol

My wounds are still going. My big open one is now on a PICO pump and my small belly button one is still being stubborn. Nurses are now only coming 2 times a week....praise whomever!

My hand is still limp/numb/painful, but I have an appointment on the 6th to try out some shots as I have all the symptoms are carpal tunnel....so lets hope the shots work. I have forced myself to learn to use it a bit more but it is still weak and cannot hold things heavier than paper.

My moods are up. I increased my anti-d a bit, cautiously and I seem to be doing well...but not TOO WELL which was a huge concern for me being bipolar and all.

I really need to go through all my clothes as my trusty comfy jeans are falling down if Im not careful! I love clothes and have a hard time parting with things!

I finished my one course/module on May 12th and haven't heard back on my grade and it's driving me bonkers! If I passed, which I think I will, I will have a certificate of higher education....the first thing in my life I have seen to the finish line. I am continuing on to my B.A (hons) but this is a first step and I'm pretty damn proud of myself for completing it when I was dealing with all my complications and hospital/nurse crap :) GO ME!

you are doing great, not surprising!

I really need to go through all my clothes as my trusty comfy jeans are falling down if Im not careful! I love clothes and have a hard time parting with things!

thing is, there are always more clothes - including trusty comfy jeans that are just smaller - clothes are the funnest part :eek:)

Roo you are going to rock the DS! I really hope you find out some answers on your hand. That has to be the biggest and unexpected pain in the ass!

That is a great update!! You have so many things to celebrate -- congratulations on your weight loss, your birthday, your mood stabilization, and your certificate!!

I hope your wounds continue to heal and they figure out something they can do for that stubborn hand!
Glad to see your enthusiasm return :) :)

Happy Birthday to Roo!! Get rid of those jeans and get you a SMALLER pair of comfy jeans. I hope they figure your hand out and can get you some relief. Fingers crossed on the passing so you can get that certificate, however the fact that you were able to continue doing work with all that was going on was quite a feat.

As always love your posts.

I agree with 4k! I've been weeding through my clothes for months and while it feels good to be able to wear smaller sizes, there are a few things that I wish I had been able to wear a little more (things that I had been hanging onto for years for that day I'd go on the miracle diet and be able to fit into them, then only got to wear them 1ce or 2ce). So now I have 3 bins- one to give to people who need them, one to give to goodwill and one to take to a tailor so I can get some more use out of them.

Latest posts

Back