This is it!

I hope you are doing better and getting some better pain medication. I know when I had my revision I cried it was so bad and what they were giving me wasn't working. I had to call to AZ and have to have my sister call and talk to Dr. K. well I'm on A PLETHORA of pain meds at home on a day to day basis. She explained that to Dr K. He then talked with the pharmacy. The pharmacy calculated what I take at home daily in comparison to what he was given me after 7 hours of surgery. They told him what he was giving me compared to what I take for daily pain was the equivalent of a BABY ASPIRIN. He was amazed and then finally brought out the stuff that was going to actually do something. But for 3 days post surgery I was miserable and crying. You definitely need someone there to advocate for you when you hurt so bad you cant!

It's not the sleeve that keeps the weight off. It's the malabsorption. Having a bigger sleeve is actually a help. You can eat more protein and fat that way. And far less chance of dealing with reflux. Those of us with tiny sleeves have to work hard at getting in enough protein and many of us are on lifetime PPI's due to a tiny sleeve.

Now I would be upset about not having the gall bladder removed when they said they would.

Really? Thank u so much for letting me know that. I'm so nervous that I won't lose weight.

Yes I'm pretty upset about the gallbladder. He said he doesn't remove it unless there is an issue. Thats not what he said before. In fact I even read the last note he sent to my PCP and he said he was removing it. Oh well, at least he did the hard part.

I hope you are doing better and getting some better pain medication. I know when I had my revision I cried it was so bad and what they were giving me wasn't working. I had to call to AZ and have to have my sister call and talk to Dr. K. well I'm on A PLETHORA of pain meds at home on a day to day basis. She explained that to Dr K. He then talked with the pharmacy. The pharmacy calculated what I take at home daily in comparison to what he was given me after 7 hours of surgery. They told him what he was giving me compared to what I take for daily pain was the equivalent of a BABY ASPIRIN. He was amazed and then finally brought out the stuff that was going to actually do something. But for 3 days post surgery I was miserable and crying. You definitely need someone there to advocate for you when you hurt so bad you cant!

Oh wow, I'm so sorry u had such a hard time. It's crazy how doctors don't factor in the chronic pain. I have to have infusions once a week that put me in alot of pain so I take hydrocodone 2-3 days a week. I'm pretty sure he didn't factor that in.
How long were u in (extra) pain for after u got home?

Oh wow, I'm so sorry u had such a hard time. It's crazy how doctors don't factor in the chronic pain. I have to have infusions once a week that put me in alot of pain so I take hydrocodone 2-3 days a week. I'm pretty sure he didn't factor that in.
How long were u in (extra) pain for after u got home?

probably 6 weeks but I had Rny to DS revision. plus before he could start revision it took over 3 hrs to clean up adhesions. but 4 weeks after surgery I called myself cooking for thanksgiving and busted my entire stomach open. hard head makes a soft azz! lol

probably 6 weeks but I had Rny to DS revision. plus before he could start revision it took over 3 hrs to clean up adhesions. but 4 weeks after surgery I called myself cooking for thanksgiving and busted my entire stomach open. hard head makes a soft azz! lol
Wow, u poor baby! I hope ur better now

I needed that pain pump. That's for sure. Then I spent 3-4 days on pain meds when I came home.

That pain pump is so helpful. I prefer to be in control rather then waiting for the nurses to get thw time to give me meds. And i find nurses are so much more accomidating when they dont have to think about your meds too. When the surgeon came in and asked if I wanted to go home, I was more then happy to give up the pump tho. Being there was driving me crazy. The discharge nurse said based on my pain the prescription I was given wouldn't be enough tho. I was so eager to get home to my 5yo I just told her I'd call the surgeon later. Kinda wishing now that I'd let her talk to him about it first.

I'm so sorry for all the pain you went through. I was fortunate enough that they gave me plenty of pain meds. I had the VSG revision to the DS. I also was afraid because my sleeve wasn't being touched and I knew I could eat a lot. But so far so good, it has helped me get in almost 80 grams of protein a day! I'm not losing weight as fast as I've seen others, but I am losing and not gaining. So don't be upset that you weren't resleeved. You'll be able to get in all your necessary protein faster than others. The weight lose may be slower, but you will still lose. Who knows, maybe you'll lose faster!

I'm so sorry for all the pain you went through. I was fortunate enough that they gave me plenty of pain meds. I had the VSG revision to the DS. I also was afraid because my sleeve wasn't being touched and I knew I could eat a lot. But so far so good, it has helped me get in almost 80 grams of protein a day! I'm not losing weight as fast as I've seen others, but I am losing and not gaining. So don't be upset that you weren't resleeved. You'll be able to get in all your necessary protein faster than others. The weight lose may be slower, but you will still lose. Who knows, maybe you'll lose faster!

Thank you! It helps so much to hear from others who have gone thru this. And your right, being able to eat more protein will be very helpful. Right now I can barely eat and they didn't touch my sleeve. I cant imagine how little id eat if they did. I guess I should be happy.

That pain pump is so helpful. I prefer to be in control rather then waiting for the nurses to get thw time to give me meds. And i find nurses are so much more accomidating when they dont have to think about your meds too. When the surgeon came in and asked if I wanted to go home, I was more then happy to give up the pump tho. Being there was driving me crazy. The discharge nurse said based on my pain the prescription I was given wouldn't be enough tho. I was so eager to get home to my 5yo I just told her I'd call the surgeon later. Kinda wishing now that I'd let her talk to him about it first.
Did you call and get a Rx?

Latest posts

Back