The DS will cause constant diarrhea?

I am only 11 days out but what a difference in my bowels. I have had IBS for years and for the last year was on Metformin. I was always on the toilet and many, many times didn't quite make it. I would have to go sometimes halfway through a meal, talk about appetizing! Right after surgery I didn't go for 4 days. Since then I have went 1-2 times a day. It is great.

I do have one question though. Where does all this POOP come from? There seems to be much more coming out than going in, just saying!

I truly believe it all depends on what the post DS'er eats or doesn't eat unless there is some underlying problem. If I eat a lot of carbs, either fruit or starch, it's a problem. On the other hand if I am low on liquid and fat it goes the other way. Anytime someone starts this argument with me I ask them what they are eating and they change the subject.

So far eliminating carbs and sugar have cut my bathroom trips in half. But I have also lost 4 pounds in 9 days. I'm still quite liquid form so on Friday I am going to keep sugar out delete most dairy and add a few carbs. Less than 20 grams to start. We will see how this is working. So far so good.

9days into elimination diet. Doing ok . Have cut my bathroom trips in half. Still somewhat loose. Friday I am omitting most dairy and adding about 20grms of carbs and still no sugar other than a slice of fruit every now and then.I have lost another 4 pounds. Wasn't really expecting that. Doing this mainly to quit the gurgling in tummy, gas and loo sy goody bowels. Keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back