Sunday Weigh In (8/14/2016)

SW 355
Lw 203.2
TW 201.6
Doing good...I see Onederland in your future.
LW BMI: 22.5
TW BMI: 22.5

9 months post-op. Weight has been stalled ONE POUND from 100 pounds lost. I just wanna hit that milestone...
You may hit it...just keep at it. But then again, you might not. I never lost 100 lbs from my surgery weight. Closest I came was 83 lbs. I would have weighed 108 to make the 100 lb lost club. And less than an oz from being UNDERWEIGHT.

You are in a healthy range now. Don't stress over 1 lb. If it happens, it happens. One good poop and you should make it.
7/24. 254
TW. 245

It has been another few weeks of traveling, working long hours and not sleeping so well and no routined eating..just grab whatever whenevet I could.. most days I know I was low on protein, as stress was high I couldn't stomach much. but I am finally back home for 3 weeks.. hoping to get back in a groove with sleep and higher protein.
You are doing great weight wise. Try to keep your protein up...further out, it can make you stall or gain if not enough.
LW 133
TW 130

Hello All,
I've upped my protein and added coconut oil to my daily protein drink. I've also increased fluids. Lots of tea and water...and a margarita or 2.those probably do not count though.

It's going to be a hot week highs of 114 lows in the high 90s. I'll probably be house bound in the AC for most of this week.

Sorry your up Liz it's so bizarre that less food makes us gain. Even if it's water weight it messes with the psyche. Keep your spirits and protein up you'll be headed down in no time.

Have a great week all.

Whit
You did great, Whit.

I try not to stress about it cause I know it's just a number. And it will fix itself when it's not so hot.
I have no idea how because W & Th I had diarrhea and Friday and yesterday it was the in between stuff with me going probably 20 times in the last two days but:

LW: 179
TW: 182

and I am not taking CREON because it bothers my gut too much and I still feel like hell.

I fully expected to see you in the 160's after reading your FB post. Glad you aren't. But I hate that you aren't feeling yourself.

Yeah Liz I am baffled. I have to be holding on to some water weight somewhere, but I don't feel swollen.

Two weeks ago 129
TW 128

Still alive and weakly kicking here! Hip pain is gone, but so is the feeling in my foot. So stressed about the nerve damage. No one can tell me that it will 100% resolve and that is stressing me out. With this numbness, I could not drive a car. I am trying to remain positive.
On a good note, I did dodge the constipation bullet after the revision surgery. Just kept on them in the hospital for dulcalax 3x/day, prune juice and lots of good DS food.
At this point, the only thing stable with me is my weight!

Have a great week!

Hi guys!
The day I left for Mexico, my old fashioned scale said I weighed 312 (which was down from 360... Yeah!)
On their fancy scale it had my weight as 325.5 (Boooo!)
Because of this large discrepancy, I bought a fancy schmancy digital scale. It weighs the same as the hospital when I got back.

My question to you all... If my surgery weight is higher and moving forward it's higher, then in reality, should my 360 be bumped up to 372.5?? I have so much to lose that 12 pounds is hardly the end of the world, but I did lose it and wondered if it would look like a cheat to add it??

I hope that makes sense to you all.

Two weeks ago 129
TW 128

Still alive and weakly kicking here! Hip pain is gone, but so is the feeling in my foot. So stressed about the nerve damage. No one can tell me that it will 100% resolve and that is stressing me out. With this numbness, I could not drive a car. I am trying to remain positive.
On a good note, I did dodge the constipation bullet after the revision surgery. Just kept on them in the hospital for dulcalax 3x/day, prune juice and lots of good DS food.
At this point, the only thing stable with me is my weight!

Have a great week!
I'm glad you got it fixed. Okay, the numbness may be temporary but while healing from this second surgery, don't stress it. Ask at your next followup and they may have a better idea of what is going on.

Hi guys!
The day I left for Mexico, my old fashioned scale said I weighed 312 (which was down from 360... Yeah!)
On their fancy scale it had my weight as 325.5 (Boooo!)
Because of this large discrepancy, I bought a fancy schmancy digital scale. It weighs the same as the hospital when I got back.

My question to you all... If my surgery weight is higher and moving forward it's higher, then in reality, should my 360 be bumped up to 372.5?? I have so much to lose that 12 pounds is hardly the end of the world, but I did lose it and wondered if it would look like a cheat to add it??

I hope that makes sense to you all.
And it could have been that the surgery scale is wrong. Whatever way you decide, just be consistent.

And welcome to the Dark Side.

I have no idea how because W & Th I had diarrhea and Friday and yesterday it was the in between stuff with me going probably 20 times in the last two days but:

LW: 179
TW: 182

and I am not taking CREON because it bothers my gut too much and I still feel like hell.
Glad that you're up a bit, but sorry you're not feeling better.

LW 89.2 kg | 196.6 lbs
TW 87.8 kg | 193.6 lbs

This week's drop came out of nowhere yesterday - apparently went to bed and woke up a kilogram lighter after hovering around 88.9 all week.

Been feeling a bit blue, but attributing it to that time of the month and work stress. NSV: fitting into skinny jeans I bought when I moved here but which were too small for me. Also going to be trying out a yoga class this week...I'm horribly uncoordinated, so we'll see how that goes!

I'll just leave it alone, but thank you for answering

HW 360
8-4-16 325.5
TW 310.8
Wahooo... And I get to move to full liquids today!!! What a great day!!
That is great! I hated the liquid phase but it's a necessary evil early on.
LW 89.2 kg | 196.6 lbs
TW 87.8 kg | 193.6 lbs

This week's drop came out of nowhere yesterday - apparently went to bed and woke up a kilogram lighter after hovering around 88.9 all week.

Been feeling a bit blue, but attributing it to that time of the month and work stress. NSV: fitting into skinny jeans I bought when I moved here but which were too small for me. Also going to be trying out a yoga class this week...I'm horribly uncoordinated, so we'll see how that goes!
Don't you just love the NSV? Enjoy them, you will be too small for them soon enough. Good luck with the yoga.

2 weeks ago: 196.6
TW: 195.8

I guess it is REALLY slowing down. I wasn't ready for it to come quite that quick.
*sigh* Busy month for our household. Hubby's birthday last week,this week our anniversary and next week my birthday. Good thing we are not sweets eaters! So, no cakes,etc.
Got a sick furkid. One of our kitties is ready to cross the rainbow bridge so we are all a bit stressed. And I go for my regular scheduled cancer follow-up on Tuesday. Not concerned, as I'm 12 years with clean scans now. And my 4 month follow up with Boyce's office is the 31st. I'm feeling tired lately and hope they can shed some light with the damn blood work...finally. 4 months seems too damn long to me....but, what do I know?

Guess we will see what they think. You can be sure I'll catch hell for my high fiber, high fat and higher calories than they want(1300-1600 instead of 950). Then again...I'm not carrying a load of bricks in my belly and that's a fair trade off for a slower weight loss.
(At least that's what I'm telling myself. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong....PLEASE)

2 weeks ago: 196.6
TW: 195.8

I guess it is REALLY slowing down. I wasn't ready for it to come quite that quick.
*sigh* Busy month for our household. Hubby's birthday last week,this week our anniversary and next week my birthday. Good thing we are not sweets eaters! So, no cakes,etc.
Got a sick furkid. One of our kitties is ready to cross the rainbow bridge so we are all a bit stressed. And I go for my regular scheduled cancer follow-up on Tuesday. Not concerned, as I'm 12 years with clean scans now. And my 4 month follow up with Boyce's office is the 31st. I'm feeling tired lately and hope they can shed some light with the damn blood work...finally. 4 months seems too damn long to me....but, what do I know?

Guess we will see what they think. You can be sure I'll catch hell for my high fiber, high fat and higher calories than they want(1300-1600 instead of 950). Then again...I'm not carrying a load of bricks in my belly and that's a fair trade off for a slower weight loss.
(At least that's what I'm telling myself. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong....PLEASE)
Why do you feel the need to tell them what you are eating?. FYI 1,300 -1,600 is way too low of caloric intake for a DS'r.

Also why do you say it is really slowing down like you are done losing weight? You are only 4 months into this process that has a 2 year weight loss window.

Relax, focus on targeting at least 125 grams of protein daily, drink your fluids and keep relatively low carb and the weight will continue to come off.

And my 4 month follow up with Boyce's office is the 31st. I'm feeling tired lately and hope they can shed some light with the damn blood work...finally. 4 months seems too damn long to me....but, what do I know?
Learn to smile and nod. I gave them calorie counts they wanted to hear not what I was eating as they do NOT understand or even learn what a DSer needs.

What are your macros? Protein grams, fat grams, carb (all of the not just net) grams and how much fluid? Tell us and we can help. But remember, many stair step their way down. And define slow? Even at 4 lbs a month it's still 48 lbs a year.

Thank you @DSRIGGS and @southernlady. I know you are both right. It really isn't a sprint and more of a marathon. I just forget sometimes to not compare my results to anyone elses. I started out as a lightweight and know things will be slower and not as dramatic for me. It's just my impatience.

I know I will have to nod and smile and I struggle with that because I'm an integrity driven person and that feels like lying to me. Although, I agree, maybe a necessary one at this juncture. My 1300-1600 calories get me, on a weekly average these macros for the last 2 weeks :

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-46-06-2.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-46-06-2.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-59-44-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-59-44-1.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thank you @DSRIGGS and @southernlady. I know you are both right. It really isn't a sprint and more of a marathon. I just forget sometimes to not compare my results to anyone elses. I started out as a lightweight and know things will be slower and not as dramatic for me. It's just my impatience.

I know I will have to nod and smile and I struggle with that because I'm an integrity driven person and that feels like lying to me. Although, I agree, maybe a necessary one at this juncture. My 1300-1600 calories get me, on a weekly average these macros for the last 2 weeks :
The second week your fat intake dropped...get it back above 100 and aim for higher.

It went against what I wanted to say as well but the one time I tried to get Krystal to understand the need for more fat in our diet cause we malabsorb up to 80%, she said yeah BUT...and then mumbled something about causing diarrhea...well, yeah, IF you aren't taking enough calcium. I aked why the focus on low fat and got the RCA dog look. So I stopped telling them what I did and just did the smile and nod.

Latest posts

Back