Sunday Weigh In (6/28/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 142
This week 139

NO clue what I did...but I'm glad to see the climb reverse itself!

I do know we've been very busy this week finishing up projects around the house.
1) Finished the basement bathroom (all that is down there is a room with a toilet since we were using the old footprint). A sink would not fit in there so we opted for a laundry sink where the old washer/dryer use to be. That is ALMOST done.
2) Got the second set of wire overhead storage hung up (Had one up already for the wood that was laying around cluttering up the floor.
3) Got the other side of the door stripped of paint/sanded both sides that is going to become a headboard.
4) Got the straps attached to the downspout We ended up replacing one along with adding some when we had the carport addition done
5) Got the upstairs toilet back in service FINALLY. At one point last week we only had 2 working out of four.
6) Started my carpet cleaning...we have all hardwood floors except for one room and have LOTS of area rugs. They each have to hauled downstairs to the basement to clean so that we aren't washing on top of wood floors. I still have five more large ones and four small ones still to go.

So NO "exercise" but staying VERY active.

I have been in the low 150s for a long time now & have started building a decent wardrobe for it. frankly? if I don't gain that's good enough.

holy smoke, Liz, you have been busy!

LW: 163
TW: 161.8
I was 164.2 yesterday morning. After the BP scare. I drank TONS of water and drank 3 protien shakes and dropped 2.5 lbs.

I was 191.6 this morning.

Yesterday was my Uncle Gary's funeral (was cremated in Phoenix the week before and services were yesterday) and after the funeral we had a wonderful spread put on by the ladies of his Church (I am an athiest but I really like the Pastor at this church...he truly follows a WWJD philosophy and isn't the uptight judging moralist that many have become...so if I ever go back I would join his church in a heart beat)...but I digress....I ate a shit ton of desserts and then after that our Nephew's niece had a 3rd birthday party out at her Grampa adn Granny's lake (beautiful place that was actually on DIY show about lakes where these guys built a boat that is a floating golf green and bar...we spent a little time on it)....again I digress....I ate a bunch of crappy food there as well.....so I am not surprised I am up a bit today. That being said, I bet I settle back to 190 because I will crap all of it out and get down to around 187 and then bounce back up to 190.5 to 191.

I am very happy with my current weight, but if it goes up 10-15 pounds it won't bother me. I am debating the revision to lengthen my CC because I am getting tired of my sore ass and I would expect a bit of bounce after that (although I take creon now so not sure if I would bounce or not, just wouldn't need creon which would hopefully stop the burning butt). The chronic anal fissure isn't healing so I am pretty sure that will have to surgically fixed, but I am hesitant to do that unless I get my CC/absorption issues resolved because I am afraid the loose stools will keep that area irritated...so not sure if I should proceed with the lateral sphincterotomy before resolving the CC/absorption issue...... @DianaCox any thoughts in this regard?

LW: 163
TW: 161.8
I was 164.2 yesterday morning. After the BP scare. I drank TONS of water and drank 3 protien shakes and dropped 2.5 lbs.

Good for you! New decade in your future!

I was 191.6 this morning.

Yesterday was my Uncle Gary's funeral (was cremated in Phoenix the week before and services were yesterday) and after the funeral we had a wonderful spread put on by the ladies of his Church (I am an athiest but I really like the Pastor at this church...he truly follows a WWJD philosophy and isn't the uptight judging moralist that many have become...so if I ever go back I would join his church in a heart beat)...but I digress....I ate a shit ton of desserts and then after that our Nephew's niece had a 3rd birthday party out at her Grampa adn Granny's lake (beautiful place that was actually on DIY show about lakes where these guys built a boat that is a floating golf green and bar...we spent a little time on it)....again I digress....I ate a bunch of crappy food there as well.....so I am not surprised I am up a bit today. That being said, I bet I settle back to 190 because I will crap all of it out and get down to around 187 and then bounce back up to 190.5 to 191.

I am very happy with my current weight, but if it goes up 10-15 pounds it won't bother me. I am debating the revision to lengthen my CC because I am getting tired of my sore ass and I would expect a bit of bounce after that (although I take creon now so not sure if I would bounce or not, just wouldn't need creon which would hopefully stop the burning butt). The chronic anal fissure isn't healing so I am pretty sure that will have to surgically fixed, but I am hesitant to do that unless I get my CC/absorption issues resolved because I am afraid the loose stools will keep that area irritated...so not sure if I should proceed with the lateral sphincterotomy before resolving the CC/absorption issue...... @DianaCox any thoughts in this regard?

I am glad you had a chance to be with family, altho losing a family is a hell of a way to do that. Much prefer the birthday parties, :)

But it sounds like you are in a comfortable range.

Good for you! New decade in your future!

I am glad you had a chance to be with family, altho losing a family is a hell of a way to do that. Much prefer the birthday parties, :)

But it sounds like you are in a comfortable range.
Thanks Liz....yes it is a rough way to spend time with family but in the end I think it is cathartic and definitely loved spending time at the birthday party. It is fun seeing my nieces and nehphew's with their little ones now. Hopefully in 10 years we will have some grandchildren but you never know.

and I am in a comfortable zone with my weight, but as you know I was never about having the maximum weight loss...it has always been about health and enjoying life...even with my absorption issues and this nagging ass pain, I am still 100% confident this was the right decision. I am not 100% but I have most of my strength back and if I can get this ass thing in check I am going to get working out and have all my strength back. I really do feel good now, just need to get some muscle back.

LW 125
TW 125
Left yesterday on my week long road trip with my 3 oldest grandkids. Have been dealing with smoke and stress of the Lake Fire in San Bernardino mountains. It came within 6 miles of my house. So much beautiful forest gone . It's now 50% contained and nothing I can do anyway. Daughter will take the animals down the hill if evacuation becomes necessary but it looks so much better at this point I highly doubt that will happen. Onward to Nevada tour, Vegas and Laughlin! Out of one fire into another 'oven!' Haha!

Last week: 296.4
This week: 293.4
GOOD for you!
LW 125
TW 125
Left yesterday on my week long road trip with my 3 oldest grandkids. Have been dealing with smoke and stress of the Lake Fire in San Bernardino mountains. It came within 6 miles of my house. So much beautiful forest gone . It's now 50% contained and nothing I can do anyway. Daughter will take the animals down the hill if evacuation becomes necessary but it looks so much better at this point I highly doubt that will happen. Onward to Nevada tour, Vegas and Laughlin! Out of one fire into another 'oven!' Haha!
Stay safe...
Awesome that you stayed the same. Have fun on your road trip!

Well as I knew it would, my weight came back from last week, up 3 pounds to 155.2. We shall see what next week brings. Hubby wants to do induction. I might do it with him to see if I can bust this 3 month stall or break this ceiling whichever it is.

Well as I knew it would, my weight came back from last week, up 3 pounds to 155.2. We shall see what next week brings. Hubby wants to do induction. I might do it with him to see if I can bust this 3 month stall or break this ceiling whichever it is.
OUCH...

Sounds like a good idea. Keep each other company.

LW 156.2
TW 157.2
Humph. Frustrating.
I have an appt with GI doc today to discuss the constipation issue if that's what it even is.
Tried the Linzess for a week. That didn't do anything. 4 doses of miralax help a bit but still never feel like I fully or even come to close to fully emptying out.
I tried powdered magnesium this weekend and that really seemed to work.

On a positive note and this makes me sooooo happy....that last TESI (transforaminal epidural steroid injection) really worked! We added L4 this time instead of just doing L5 and that did the trick. My back feels better than it has in years. We've been going for walks in the evenings and before after one time around the block I was in a lot of pain and had to lay down and was pretty much done for the rest of the day and that's if I even could manage a walk at all after having sat at my desk at work all day. Now I'm able to go two times which is over 2 miles and I'm fine at the end. No pain. I just can't even tell you how much it means to me to be able to do normal things and not be in excruciating pain.

Have a great week everybody!

LW 156.2
TW 157.2
Humph. Frustrating.
I have an appt with GI doc today to discuss the constipation issue if that's what it even is.
Tried the Linzess for a week. That didn't do anything. 4 doses of miralax help a bit but still never feel like I fully or even come to close to fully emptying out.
I tried powdered magnesium this weekend and that really seemed to work.

On a positive note and this makes me sooooo happy....that last TESI (transforaminal epidural steroid injection) really worked! We added L4 this time instead of just doing L5 and that did the trick. My back feels better than it has in years. We've been going for walks in the evenings and before after one time around the block I was in a lot of pain and had to lay down and was pretty much done for the rest of the day and that's if I even could manage a walk at all after having sat at my desk at work all day. Now I'm able to go two times which is over 2 miles and I'm fine at the end. No pain. I just can't even tell you how much it means to me to be able to do normal things and not be in excruciating pain.

Have a great week everybody!
Sorry for the gain. Hope you and your GI doc can figure out what can help.

BUT YEAH on the TESI!!!

Last week 170
This week 172
Still in my fluctuation range, just hoping it doesn't continue to climb. Only time will tell!
Hope y'all have a great week :D

*and today back to 169, I'm good!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back