Sunday Weigh In (3/19/2017)

LW: 178
TW: 175

I've been extremely tired, in a brain fog, with a very low mood for several weeks. I should be happy and energetic from all this wt loss, but I am dragging. Tired of eating, but getting in all my pro and supplements every day. Went to PCP because my thyroid levels have been off which is something new for me. My PCP thinks my symptoms are from vit deficiencies (low folic acid, A, and zinc) rather than thyroid. However, she did give RX for thyroid which I never picked up from the drug store. I know I am not myself because I did not even ask or look at what she prescribed! Not me at all. Upped the low vits again to try to tease out what is going on. On a positive note, the hair loss has significantly slowed and nearly stopped.

LW 131
TW 131

Holding at 131. Maybe it was fat last week. Only time will tell. I've been tracking intake and monitoring Carbs so hopefully I can get under 130. I'm shooting for 127.

I booked travel to Greece in September and am very excited. This is my first trip to Europe. I cant believe I waited so long.

Have a great week all.

Best
Whit

LW 179
TW 175

I am just under a year out and have cut my body weight in half! Woohoo. I have exceeded my personal expectations. (My personal goal was 180. I will say the weight loss is a little addicting, so I'm going to focus hard on just staying healthy regardless of what the scale is telling me. The Dr's goal was 160- he said that was where I should be... if I did everything like I should I'd hit 140-150 then rebound to 160 and maintain between 160-170. But I still have 6-12 mo of honeymoon left, so I want to take full advantage of this time.

Best NSV /compliment ever happened this week. I stopped at the gas station on my way to work. I looked at the man next to me in line and he said "you don't remember me, do you?" I thought and said yeah, you're Edward (a kid I went to Highschool with)-he looked the same plus 40-50 lbs and with less hair. He said " damn Patty, you've lost a few pounds, but other than that you look exactly the same as Highschool" I have not seen this kid in 15 years and he thinks I look the same minus a few pounds. wow that felt great. :). That compliment will make me smile for weeks.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES...did I say YES

LW - 174
TW - 168

It's been very bouncing and slow since the beginning of Feb. I had lost 4 or 5 pounds in 6 weeks and I thought to myself, well if this is all I get, I'm healthy - no more comorbidies and somewhat skinny, so I'll deal with it, but then BOOM! 6 pounds this week. Seems it was not the ice cream or the thyroid after all.

NSV this week was taking a walk at work with someone for a meeting (which is a NSV in itself) and I realized i was breathing a little heavy. We turned around and I looked down and realized we walked up a big hill. I did not think twice walking up the hill and I could walk and talk up a steep hill. :rollerskating:

Oh, also, I'm enjoying shopping. :) And my BMI is now under 30. :)

I've been extremely tired, in a brain fog, with a very low mood for several weeks. I should be happy and energetic from all this wt loss, but I am dragging. Tired of eating, but getting in all my pro and supplements every day. Went to PCP because my thyroid levels have been off which is something new for me. My PCP thinks my symptoms are from vit deficiencies (low folic acid, A, and zinc) rather than thyroid. However, she did give RX for thyroid which I never picked up from the drug store. I know I am not myself because I did not even ask or look at what she prescribed! Not me at all. Upped the low vits again to try to tease out what is going on. On a positive note, the hair loss has significantly slowed and nearly stopped.
Get an iron panel as well. Make sure they check your ferritin.

Low iron can cause this feeling.

Glad your hair loss is slowing down. And good work on the weight loss.
SW 355
LW 187.6
TW 186.2

Hovering right around here. I suspect I will stay here with 3 +\- rollercoaster for a while. I just had a big drop of nearly 20 pounds in the last 2 months. My body holds and then releases.

Still working on my long term goal of 165
Keep going. Doing great. You lost almost 1.5 lbs this week. That is still 5 lbs a month at this point.
LW 131
TW 131

Holding at 131. Maybe it was fat last week. Only time will tell. I've been tracking intake and monitoring Carbs so hopefully I can get under 130. I'm shooting for 127.

I booked travel to Greece in September and am very excited. This is my first trip to Europe. I cant believe I waited so long.

Have a great week all.

Best
Whit
Good for you. And enjoy your trip.
LW 179
TW 175

I am just under a year out and have cut my body weight in half! Woohoo. I have exceeded my personal expectations. (My personal goal was 180. I will say the weight loss is a little addicting, so I'm going to focus hard on just staying healthy regardless of what the scale is telling me. The Dr's goal was 160- he said that was where I should be... if I did everything like I should I'd hit 140-150 then rebound to 160 and maintain between 160-170. But I still have 6-12 mo of honeymoon left, so I want to take full advantage of this time.

Best NSV /compliment ever happened this week. I stopped at the gas station on my way to work. I looked at the man next to me in line and he said "you don't remember me, do you?" I thought and said yeah, you're Edward (a kid I went to Highschool with)-he looked the same plus 40-50 lbs and with less hair. He said " damn Patty, you've lost a few pounds, but other than that you look exactly the same as Highschool" I have not seen this kid in 15 years and he thinks I look the same minus a few pounds. wow that felt great. :). That compliment will make me smile for weeks.
Fantastic NSV! And 4 lbs in a week, awesome!
Last week: 157
This week: 157

Looking forward to working outside this spring/summer and not feeling like I'm going to die from it!
Good for you. I know it's not hit yet but remember to stay hydrated when outside.
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES...did I say YES

LW - 174
TW - 168

It's been very bouncing and slow since the beginning of Feb. I had lost 4 or 5 pounds in 6 weeks and I thought to myself, well if this is all I get, I'm healthy - no more comorbidies and somewhat skinny, so I'll deal with it, but then BOOM! 6 pounds this week. Seems it was not the ice cream or the thyroid after all.

NSV this week was taking a walk at work with someone for a meeting (which is a NSV in itself) and I realized i was breathing a little heavy. We turned around and I looked down and realized we walked up a big hill. I did not think twice walking up the hill and I could walk and talk up a steep hill. :rollerskating:

Oh, also, I'm enjoying shopping. :) And my BMI is now under 30. :)
YES!!!! Love the NSV.
LW 126
TW 124

Dealing with deep, painful cough and looks like possible bronchitis. Not fun...
Get yourself to your PCP, bronchitis is no fun.
Great on the loss.

Hope you start feeling better. I know the feeling all too well so I empathize. What is your D and PTH levels? You may need an injection of A and possibly D.

Hope you start feeling better. I know the feeling all too well so I empathize. What is your D and PTH levels? You may need an injection of A and possibly D.

D is good (around 80) and ferritin is up there -- just had a couple of iron infusions in January. Most likely will go see Dr. K for a Vit A injection very soon.

D is good (around 80) and ferritin is up there -- just had a couple of iron infusions in January. Most likely will go see Dr. K for a Vit A injection very soon.
good deal. I need to get labs. I have slacked and haven't had any since returning from Mayo in February. My A had popped up nicely after my last injection in November or Decembe, but I have a feeling I need another A & D injection.

Latest posts

Back