Sunday Weigh In (2/7/2016)

You have not been constipated by your DS. If you had, you would consider adding fat.
I have had constipation. Not for long and not often, but I have had it. One of the reasons I don't like taking narcotics at home.

I am not saying that one should not add fat when needed for their bowels. I am just saying I find it odd when people say I need to up my fat intake,IF THEY ARE NOT CONSTIPATED. When constipated that is fine, but otherwise there is no reason that I see to intentionally add fat beyond what is already in our diets of steak, sausage, bacon, eggs, hamburgers, cheese, etc. Personally I try to balance my calcium citrate to make sure I am getting enough but minimize it so as not to cause constipation. It definitely has a binding effect.

I truly empathize for those who have to take iron because I don't think I could do it.

Do you guys know if the iron infusions still cause constipation? Just wondering since it goes directly into the blood stream and not digested thrugh the bowels.

LW 199.8
TW 195.8 - had put on 2 last week so dropped that and one more- really monitoring carbs and Protein - trying to bump it to 150 to 200. damn that is hard.

I have had constipation. Not for long and not often, but I have had it. One of the reasons I don't like taking narcotics at home.

I am not saying that one should not add fat when needed for their bowels. I am just saying I find it odd when people say I need to up my fat intake,IF THEY ARE NOT CONSTIPATED. When constipated that is fine, but otherwise there is no reason that I see to intentionally add fat beyond what is already in our diets of steak, sausage, bacon, eggs, hamburgers, cheese, etc. Personally I try to balance my calcium citrate to make sure I am getting enough but minimize it so as not to cause constipation. It definitely has a binding effect.

I truly empathize for those who have to take iron because I don't think I could do it.

Do you guys know if the iron infusions still cause constipation? Just wondering since it goes directly into the blood stream and not digested thrugh the bowels.
I add fat not because I am YET constipated but heading that way. And if my skin and hair dry out. And that is even with a humidifier to help keep the air in the house around 40% humidity AND putting coconut oil on my skin after a shower. If my skin/hair/bowels act fine, I just maintain my current amount of fat.
LW 199.8
TW 195.8 - had put on 2 last week so dropped that and one more- really monitoring carbs and Protein - trying to bump it to 150 to 200. damn that is hard.
You did good!
YES, it is hard...for me it means eating almost all damned day cause my sleeve is still so tiny.

Latest posts

Back