Sunday Weigh In (10/4/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have an ark handy?

It's rained EVERY day since Thursday the 24th of Sept. Yesterday it came down in buckets. Today, we've settled down to a fine mist. The creeks and streams are swollen and at at flood stage, the ground is a soggy mess. Bridges, roads, etc collapsing. Trees falling over.

As a result, we've been housebound! And it's showing.

Last week 145
This week 146.

Highest I got AFTER I hit my lowest of 121 was last year 147. I got back down to the 130's then...so I know it is doable. I just need to stop playing in the few carbs we have in the house.

I am jealous of your rain, @southernlady! I am pretty sure it rained for 5 minutes last night, 1 thunder clap, then back to being dry as ever. I would have said I dreamed the rain, but I have an eye-witness!

LW: 304
TW: 315

I ballooned up to 324 in the hospital this week, just now seeing all that water weight slowly start to trickle away. With the swelling and water weight, I definitely feel pretty poofy!

I am jealous of your rain, @southernlady! I am pretty sure it rained for 5 minutes last night, 1 thunder clap, then back to being dry as ever. I would have said I dreamed the rain, but I have an eye-witness!

I ballooned up to 324 in the hospital this week, just now seeing all that water weight slowly start to trickle away. With the swelling and water weight, I definitely feel pretty poofy!
It takes a while for fluid weight to come off after a hospital stay so I wouldn't weigh yourself again for a couple weeks. You will be shocked when you get back the scale then.

We got a little rain last week one glorious day. The days are getting shorter and cooler and I've been a bit lazy. My poor doggies. Lots of work stress and old habits have me up a bit more so it's back to being mindful.

LW 125
TW 127.5 yikes

Have a good week all

Whit

This first month, stay off the scale as much as you can. Weight gain from the hospital is very common.
Do NOT be jealous of 11 days of rain. We could have stopped a week ago and had plenty.
175.5 again this week
Hanging there..I suspect it's gonna be a few more weeks before things change.
SW 355
LW 255
TW 253

Officially the lowest I've been 12+ years!
WTG....
We got a little rain last week one glorious day. The days are getting shorter and cooler and I've been a bit lazy. My poor doggies. Lots of work stress and old habits have me up a bit more so it's back to being mindful.

LW 125
TW 127.5 yikes

Have a good week all

Whit
Sorry you went up, Whit...time for both of us to buckle down!

Liz you are right that it going to take a while for me to gain. I felt sick much of this week so that didn't help and the extreme stress of my job situation and other things isn't helping either. That being said, I went to the Illini Nebraska football game yesterday and had great energy and felt awesome. I was actually 180 yesterday but lost it. I feel like I am on the right track but it is just going to take time.

Thanks

I went from 155 to 151 for a loss of 4 pounds. I seem to be just bouncing this few pounds of water weight around. I still need to get back to basics and stay there!

LW 129
TW 127

Like the direction this week.
School is out for two week Fall Break! Yahoo!!!!!
Have a great week!
Doing good! Have a great Fall Break.
189.6. Don't know why. I'll take it.
I would too...
I went from 155 to 151 for a loss of 4 pounds. I seem to be just bouncing this few pounds of water weight around. I still need to get back to basics and stay there!
Getting back to basics is far easier than STAYING there!

LW 303.9
TW 300.3

Just won't let me have that '2' this week. Grr.... 2 days of only protein shakes before surgery on Wednesday may do it. We'll see...

This first month, stay off the scale as much as you can. Weight gain from the hospital is very common.
It's thankfully not an obsessive and emotional experience to get on the scale... I am weighing this early more as curiosity. I was pretty impressed with my 20lb gain from the hospital and kinda gave myself a "Yay Fluids!" high-5 when I saw the gain. Keeping a good attitude. I promise not to let the scale drive me crazy early on.
...and if I complain, point me back to this post and say "told you so"!
:thumbup:

LW 303.9
TW 300.3

Just won't let me have that '2' this week. Grr.... 2 days of only protein shakes before surgery on Wednesday may do it. We'll see...
It probably will but do NOT freak out if you come home weighing more than before surgery.
It's thankfully not an obsessive and emotional experience to get on the scale... I am weighing this early more as curiosity. I was pretty impressed with my 20lb gain from the hospital and kinda gave myself a "Yay Fluids!" high-5 when I saw the gain. Keeping a good attitude. I promise not to let the scale drive me crazy early on.
...and if I complain, point me back to this post and say "told you so"!
:thumbup:
LOL, Oh, believe me, we will...

Weighing all the time isn't a problem UNLESS it controls your feelings of self worth. I weighed daily, esp my first two months BUT I only recorded once a week at Sunday Weigh In. But it was awesome watching the lbs just MELT away.

Latest posts

Back