Sunday Weigh In (1/24/2016)

I forgot to add: Happy surgiversary!!

I bought a dehydrator and a jerky gun and I'm a jerky-makin' machine now :D I've made about 5 pounds this week, so I have enough to snack on AND share it with my jerky-loving son. I love it that I can control what's in the jerky - no added sugars!

I know that eating is mandatory. It's difficult to get out of the mindset that I will gain weight if I eat but I'm working on it. I had an "off" week last week so I have resolved to correct the issue going forward.

Thanks for your constant support and advice, Liz! It is truly appreciated!
I LOVE jerky but it's not a good option...my jaw hates it. Nuts are pretty much off the table for the same reason. It's why I was so glad to find the Whisps (they kinda melt in my mouth) and eat a lot of hard boiled or deviled eggs, or cheese.

Hi Everyone
LW - 200
TW - 197.6
I was rather surprised - was craving soup beans and over the week ate a pot of them, with lots and lots of butter. Damn, there were good. :)
next milestone - 100. :)

Hi Everyone
LW - 200
TW - 197.6
I was rather surprised - was craving soup beans and over the week ate a pot of them, with lots and lots of butter. Damn, there were good. :)
ONEDERLAND!!!!!! Fantastic!

I add ham to my soup beans...and yes, I crave them too.

I LOVE jerky but it's not a good option...my jaw hates it. Nuts are pretty much off the table for the same reason. It's why I was so glad to find the Whisps (they kinda melt in my mouth) and eat a lot of hard boiled or deviled eggs, or cheese.
That reminds me, our COSTCO didn't have the Wisps, at least not that I could find. Do you remember where they were located in your COSTCO?

Deviled eggs are something I never think about making, but they would not last long anyway as I would just eat them all in one day anyway. LOL

12/22/2015: 253.6
1/24/2016: 253.8

So, this is now a month-long stall when I'm 8 months out from surgery. I haven't panicked yet, but I'm getting mighty nervous.
No worries. Keep eating your protein. BTW, how many grams are you getting in daily?. As I was told during my losing phase, the more protein you eat the more quickly you will lose.

Get me a job for a $175k base and I will buy your place! :D

(my job hunt has hit a brick wall after a couple of really good, high level opportunities went tits up). :(

Scott, sorry to hear this. I've come up with nothing and it's been 3 months. There's only been three jobs in the last 3 months that were appropriate but I'm assuming they went to younger male candidates with a degree, which is about the norm for IT. (I told the unemployment department that they misclassified me but they won't hear it!) Good thing I'm in school - there are jobs galore in the healthcare field!

I wish you all the best!

Hi Everyone
LW - 200
TW - 197.6

Awesome! Congrats on reaching onederland!

Scott, sorry to hear this. I've come up with nothing and it's been 3 months. There's only been three jobs in the last 3 months that were appropriate but I'm assuming they went to younger male candidates with a degree, which is about the norm for IT. (I told the unemployment department that they misclassified me but they won't hear it!) Good thing I'm in school - there are jobs galore in the healthcare field!

I wish you all the best!
Thanks Bebe and best of luck to you in your new career and finding something to tide you over.

What kind-of IT work so you do and do you have any certifications? I have project and program managed in a couple if different IT spaces but I lack deep technical knowledge even though at the level I was at it shouldn't be required. I have done network infrastructure projects from minor upgrades to large international greenfield sites. Recently I managed and developed some SAP portals (as the budiness owner) that our dealers needed to sell mining parts. I am a PMP certified project manager and even though I really don't want to do that I would. My problem getting looks in the IT world is that I am not itil, itsm, agile, scrum, etc certified and everybody seems to want that "stuff".

I have been getting more looks at the Director of Manufacturing and or VP Operations level in my old printing and packaging world, but timing has been bad and I turned down one offer as I knew it was going to be a bad situation that would end poorly. . I used to manage business units who produced high value added booze and wine labels and also Duracell battery labels including the one where you pushed on Two buttons and it showed how much juice was left in the battery.

I will find something eventually.. I just need to do so before severance, bonus and tax refund money runs out. Good luck to you as well.

That reminds me, our COSTCO didn't have the Wisps, at least not that I could find. Do you remember where they were located in your COSTCO?

Deviled eggs are something I never think about making, but they would not last long anyway as I would just eat them all in one day anyway. LOL
I have long since discovered that all Costco's carry different things. The first time I found them they were on an endcap display. Now they reside with the chips. NOT the snacks.

But I have to go over to the Greenville Costco for some things, others are only in the Spartanburg Costco (and they are only 30ish miles apart). And many of the neat things posted by others out west from their Costco isn't even a thought here in ours.

Scott, Check the snack aisle, the chips aisle, AND the salad dressing aisle. I have found them in all three spots in the two months I've been getting them.

Scott, Check the snack aisle, the chips aisle, AND the salad dressing aisle. I have found them in all three spots in the two months I've been getting them.
i just went to celowhisps.com and under the section where to find the product I saw this (which would explain why you have them and I dont'):
Costco_logo_r1.png

....and for me, I hit a major milestone this week. I finally made it back to the 180 pound mark! Goodbye 170's, I don't want to see you again!

Okay, technicallly I am 179.6 this morning but yesterday morning I was 181.5 so I am in the 180 club.

Congratulations Scott I'm so happy for you

Latest posts

Back