Sunday Weigh In (1/24/2016)

LW 251.0
TW 247.2

Slow and steady. Feeling good.

Had my 3 month follow up on the 20th and all is well. I'll post my labs for the group's advice as soon as I figure out how to redact the personal information.

Enjoying the blizzard and 30+ inches of snow that we'll have to begin digging out of this morning now that the storm is over. Last year I wouldn't have even thought of helping my husband do it (or been able to) but this year I want to!

Have a great week everyone!

Last week 149
This week 148

And five years ago today, I was headed to the OR for my surgery. Thanks to all those ahead of me who spread the word about the DS.
Congratulation on five year surgiversary Liz! Thank you for all you do behind the scenes to keep this awesome place going, and for being you. I enjoy your advice, your comments and your style.

Congrats and thank you!

And good job on your reversed weight trend this week.

LW 251.0
TW 247.2

Had my 3 month follow up on the 20th and all is well. I'll post my labs for the group's advice as soon as I figure out how to redact the personal information.

Enjoying the blizzard and 30+ inches of snow that we'll have to begin digging out of this morning now that the storm is over. Last year I wouldn't have even thought of helping my husband do it (or been able to) but this year I want to!

Good for you and be careful....BOTH you and your hubby. 30 inches of snow is a hell of a lot to shovel.

LW 251.0
TW 247.2

You are doing so well hon. Keep up the good work.

....and for me, I hit a major milestone this week. I finally made it back to the 180 pound mark! Goodbye 170's, I don't want to see you again!

Okay, technicallly I am 179.6 this morning but yesterday morning I was 181.5 so I am in the 180 club.

LW BMI 31.3
TW BMI 30.8

Congratulations @southernlady for reaching this milestone and for paying it forward and helping countless people new to DS.
Clematis you are doing well with your weight. I am hoping your eating and swallowing is getting better every week.

Sw 355
TW 233

I've been in a holding pattern for about a month, up down up down can't get below 232. Focusing on the basics again. Water, protein and fat !

Sw 355
TW 233

I've been in a holding pattern for about a month, up down up down can't get below 232. Focusing on the basics again. Water, protein and fat !
The weight can come off in fits and starts, but it will come off. Up your protein if you can and you should be fine. The weight loss will pick back up soon. an continue.

Thank you! I'm keeping on. I gave myself 2 years to make my goal and I'm not even 11 months post op. The stalls are frustrating though. Can't lie !

Thank you! I'm keeping on. I gave myself 2 years to make my goal and I'm not even 11 months post op. The stalls are frustrating though. Can't lie !
So here is a reality check that I used on occasion. Go look at your starting weigh and your current weight now. Then divide that total weight by the number of weeks you are post surgery. I think you will be amazed at your average weekly loss. Then take a look at what your target weight loss was and see what percentage of that goal you have hit.

Those numbers provided me with a "Holy shit I have lost a lot of weight and fast" moment. It puts things in perspective. Nobody said the loss was going to be perfectly linear so yes some weeks you won't lose much, but others you will lose quite a bit and in the end it ends up being a shit ton of weight lost in a short period.

Finally, please remember this. The DS works and you are along for the ride. Trust in your DS.

it won't be long til you are just OVERWEIGHT
After onederland, 29.9 BMI is my next milestone. It should happen in the next few weeks.

I am hoping your eating and swallowing is getting better every week.

Thanks, Scott. Last night I ate a lamb loin chop in thyme, red wine cream sauce! Only a little more than an ounce and a half of meat on it but YAY for me at 10 weeks out! And good for you with your weight gain. By next week the two of us should pass each other on the scale!

Latest posts

Back