Stall at week 2 ..trying not to panic

LindaDarnell

Yesterday was week 2 of VSG to DS revision, and for the past 5 days, the scale hasnt moved. I know about the proverbial 3 week stall...I understand the science behind the initial 10 pound drop...Im measuring myself...killed the carb creep. Intellectually I know not to panic...im a slow loser who will stall more often and sooner than most. But damn! Emotionally this is hard! A week and a half in and I stalled??? #foreverfatgirl

Then stay OFF the scale until you see your surgeon or another doctor again. And go by clothes/measurements not a scale. The three week stall can happen at 2 weeks or never.
I always love your "sage" advice bc it's always spot on!!! From my experience with the Sleeve I knew better than to live on the scale ...yet I did. But I can see and feel the difference in clothes...my shoes more specifically. So I know better...i just need to do better.

Without going back through your history, what procedure did you have done? Because I don't recognize your surgeon's name at all. Did you get a copy of your op report yet?

Without going back through your history, what procedure did you have done? Because I don't recognize your surgeon's name at all. Did you get a copy of your op report yet?
I had a vsg to a traditional DS. The surgeon's report is being finalized this week.

Yesterday was week 2 of VSG to DS revision, and for the past 5 days, the scale hasnt moved. I know about the proverbial 3 week stall...I understand the science behind the initial 10 pound drop...Im measuring myself...killed the carb creep. Intellectually I know not to panic...im a slow loser who will stall more often and sooner than most. But damn! Emotionally this is hard! A week and a half in and I stalled??? #foreverfatgirl

Thank you for posting this. I know I should stay off the scale & I read the awesome explanation of the 3 week stall, but I can't help it that there's a part of my brain that's saying "This surgery isn't going to work for you. It just isn't going to work." I try to shake it off and just keep eating like I'm eating (800-900 calories a day on average) and hope that at some point things start going my way.

Hang in there. I've got my fingers crossed for us both.

Thank you for posting this. I know I should stay off the scale & I read the awesome explanation of the 3 week stall, but I can't help it that there's a part of my brain that's saying "This surgery isn't going to work for you. It just isn't going to work." I try to shake it off and just keep eating like I'm eating (800-900 calories a day on average) and hope that at some point things start going my way.

Hang in there. I've got my fingers crossed for us both.
We are cheering each other on!!!! I did measure myself, and ive definitely lost inches!! And im noticing in my shoes as well..significantly. so im impatiently waiting on the scale to move again...which it slightly did yesterday and today.

I definitely understand your concern that the surgery wont work...biggest fear of my life! But i know I have to do my part..and be (im)patient . Lets hang in there together!!

Part of that fear us that we've gone on more than our fair share of diets and all of them ultimately failed. If one had worked, we would not have considered rearranging our innards.

So the fear is natural, that you will be the one person that the DS doesn't help. But we all felt that, deep in our soul if not outwardly expressed. And it's worked for all of us, even those who never reached normal BMI. All of us are healthier and weigh far less than we use to weigh.

Latest posts

Back