Spinal fusion and/or bone grafts? Need some help.

@bearmom if a toboggan misadventure is the dumbest thing you ever did, you have truly led an exemplary life. And at 19 yet. Still just a kid.
Don't beat yourself up over this.
I don't have any other brilliant suggestions, just follow doctor's orders and get whatever help you need for as long as you need it.

BearMom, wishing you success. I had ACDF in 2007, C4/5/6 with cadaver bone and plate. I was told that bone grafts would cause me more pain than the neck surgery. I wore a collar for about 2 weeks, I have some limited range of motion. Not sure what prep you can do except be informed. Mine was caused by a hard fall on black ice.
That sounds exactly like my ACDF....I wore a bone graft stimulator, but not a support collar. My pain was instantly gone after the fusion and my biggest challenge was recovering from almost dieing in the hospital.....once I got my injury back I was fine.

All that being said, I am pretty sure I need another level fused as my left arm is really bothering me (could be rotator cuff too). I also have a hard time holding up my head at times. When I am weak it is very hard to hold my head up.

I really appreciate the advice and well wishes.

I figured I'd ask here, despite this being a WLS forum, in part because I'm not sure I want this out on something like FB (not super active there, and many local contacts that I'd rather not come by and visit when I drugged up) but more-so because I find the people here to be smarter than the average bears, and always helpful and supportive.

It really is nice to have a community like this to lean on.

Bearmom, not sure I am any smarter than the average bear, but I do have some experience!! My caution to you is be diligent in getting your protein in. Calcium and protein are crucial in bone healing. Keep an eye on your Vit D also-sending you good vibes for success!

Latest posts

Back